Running macOS Ventura as guest OS, menu names in menu bar are missing

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by AlSt, Jul 30, 2023.

1. AlSt

AlSt Bit poster

In a freshly downloaded macOS Ventura VM, menu names are missing from the menu bar, as shown in the attached screenshot. The clock and icons at the right end of the menu bar are visible, though.

The VM has 24 GB of memory and six cores assigned to it. The host Mac, also running Ventura, has plenty of resources left over.

I haven't been able to find an existing post about this issue. Is there a solution for it?

Attached Files:

2. JulsS

JulsS Member

I believe this is a known issue with external displays. Try using your internal display.

3. AlSt

AlSt Bit poster

Oh darn. My Mac doesn't have a built-in display. :-(

4. AlSt

AlSt Bit poster

Not limited to external displays or Apple Silicon. I'm also getting this issue on an Intel iMac with only a built-in display.

5. AlSt

AlSt Bit poster

Still partly an issue in Parallels Desktop 19. Please help, Parallels.
    When macOS's Reduce transparency accessibility setting is turned on, menu names are still invisible.
    When the setting is turned off, menu names are visible but dimmed, as if the pointer is on a different display, making them hard to read.

6. ChristianV17

ChristianV17 Bit poster

Is there any update on this? I am only having this on my Apple silicon Mac not my intel based one

7. Nischay Gaya

Nischay Gaya Staff Member

Hello!
    In order to proceed with further investigation, kindly provide us with the below information:
    1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.
    You can find instructions on how to do that here: https://kb.parallels.com/9058
    Thank you!

8. ChristianV17

ChristianV17 Bit poster

Hello this is the 9 digit code

9. KlajdD

KlajdD Bit poster

So Parallels did you fix this ?
    I'm on 19.3 and have the exact same issue.
    Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 9.48.49 AM.png

As a really long customer of parallels it saddens me to see the quality of this software down the drain.