Slow Upload Speed on Win10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MuhammadA6, Dec 16, 2022.

Tags:
?

Slow Upload Speed on Win10

Poll closed Dec 16, 2023.
  1. Is it possible to speed up

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Is it not possible to speed up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MuhammadA6

MuhammadA6 Bit poster

Running Win 10 ARM on M1 MBA.. randomly (maybe once every day or two), I created a website alight motion apps the upload speed slows to a crawl in VM for my website. No issue with the download speed. 80 down/~0.15 up speedtest. 80/80 in Mac. Using shared network.
    Not sure if this is a Windows 10 or Parallels NIC driver issue. The fix is simply to disable and reenable the NIC (in Windows). Haven't tried iPerf or anything to confirm it's both LAN and WAN, but would I assume so? Kind of hard to definitively pin down when it happens, but it SEEMS to occur after Windows or the Mac has slept. Event viewer shows repeated errors below until it's fixed, maybe Netbios-related. I will try to disable Netbios but does anyone has any ideas?

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Kindly follow the steps in this article to try to fix the issue: https://kb.parallels.com/en/129589
    However, please note that Windows 10 ARM is not supported by Microsoft and Parallels Desktop.
    Thank you.

3. ahsasprogram

ahsasprogram Bit poster

Running Windows 10 ARM on M1 MacBook Air and encountering a recurring issue. Approximately once every day or two, when working on my website dedicated to Alight Motion app, the upload speed within the virtual machine (VM) experiences a significant slowdown. Strangely, there are no issues with the download speed, and speed tests indicate 80 Mbps down and only around 0.15 Mbps up. On the native Mac environment, both download and upload speeds are consistently at 80 Mbps.

The VM is connected through a shared network, and I'm uncertain whether the problem stems from Windows 10 itself or potentially an issue with the Parallels NIC (Network Interface Card) driver. A simple fix involves disabling and then reenabling the NIC within the Windows environment. I haven't conducted tests with iPerf or similar tools to confirm whether the issue affects both LAN and WAN connections, but I suspect it might. Pinpointing the exact trigger is challenging, but it seems to coincide with instances when either Windows or the Mac has entered sleep mode.

4. bigwoice

bigwoice Bit poster

Slow upload speed on Windows 10 can be caused by various factors
    • Check Your Internet Connection
    • Restart Your Router
    • Close Background Programs
    • Update Network Drivers
    • Check for Malware
    • Disable Windows Update Delivery Optimization
    • Use Ethernet Connection

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and improve your upload speed on Windows 10.