Steam App Won't Open!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by CarlosE17, Aug 16, 2023.

1. CarlosE17

CarlosE17 Bit poster

Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me solve this, because I've spent all week troubleshooting this to no avail. I got randomly kicked out of Steam while playing a game using Windows 11 on my parallels desktop (I have a Mac M1) and I've tried all the troubleshooting steps below, and there is no support available from Steam...
    - Restarting Windows
    - Uninstalling and reinstalling Steam
    - Ending processes in task manager
    - Running Steam as an administrator
    - Updating my Mac, Parallels, AND Steam

No matter what I do, when I try to open Steam, I get the same message that it's "updating and extracting packages" etc...then I wait for the window to open for the app and nothing happens. When I go to task manager nothing steam related even shows up in background processes. It just disappears on it's own. I have no idea what's even going on. Any advice??

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    For us to further investigate this issue, kindly reproduce the issue and collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thank you.

3. CarlosE17

CarlosE17 Bit poster

Hi,

My technical report is 433510555. All I did was try to open the App and take a few screen shots of what I'm seeing. Please advise.

4. AJNewman

AJNewman Bit poster

I'm currently dealing with this issue right now! Did you ever manage to get it resolved?