Using command key when accessing macbook using parallels access

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by MichaelT54, Oct 25, 2023.

1. MichaelT54

MichaelT54 Bit poster

I am accessing a macbook via parallels access via web browser from a windows laptop computer.

When I am access the MacBook, how do I activate the command key?
    - I attempted to use the control, alt, and windows key on the windows laptop to activate the command key on the MacBook
    - I also attempted to change the modifier key assignments on the MacBook so that the command key can be activated with a different key but this doesn't affect the key stroke assignments when accessing the MacBook through the parallels access from a laptop windows computer.
    - I've tried making these different keystroke assignments with all the different keyboards that are listed as inputs for the MacBook and these keystroke assignments change effectively when I am directly access the MacBook without using parallels but the keystroke assignments don't have any effect when I'm accessing the MacBook through parallels access.

Thank you for any help with this.

2. FATIMAF

FATIMAF

1. Using the Command key (⌘): While accessing your Macbook using Parallels Access on a non-Mac device, you can perform actions that involve the Command key by using the Ctrl key on your non-Mac keyboard. For example, if you want to copy text on your Macbook, you would press Ctrl+C on your non-Mac keyboard instead of Command+C.https://www.apple.com/

2. Keyboard Shortcuts: You can use common Mac keyboard shortcuts on your non-Mac device by substituting the Command key with the Ctrl key. For example:
      • Command+C (Copy) on Mac becomes Ctrl+C on a non-Mac keyboard.
      • Command+V (Paste) on Mac becomes Ctrl+V on a non-Mac keyboard.
      • Command+X (Cut) on Mac becomes Ctrl+X on a non-Mac keyboard.
    This way, you can perform Mac-specific keyboard shortcuts when accessing your Macbook through Parallels Access from a non-Mac device. Just remember to use the Ctrl key on your non-Mac keyboard in place of the Command key on your Mac.

3. MichaelT54

MichaelT54 Bit poster

FATIMA

Is there any alternative to what you describe below?

I've been trying to use the control key on the non-mac keyboard and it maps to the control key (^) on the mac keyboard rather than the command key on the mac keyboard.

Additionally, I tried using the windows button on the non-mac keyboard but it doesn't activate the command key on the mac keyboard either.

I've tried making these different keystroke assignments with all the different keyboards that are listed as inputs for the MacBook and these keystroke assignments change effectively when I am directly access the MacBook without using parallels but the keystroke assignments don't have any effect when I'm accessing the MacBook through parallels access.

Thank you for any help with this.