Using my Windows key on a new mac

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by williamc40, Mar 20, 2024.

1. williamc40

williamc40 Bit poster

Just bought a new m3 air... I had parallels on my M1 which I have already traded in for the m3.. should I have deactivated my cd key on that first? Any way to deactivate my key so I can re activate it on my new M3 or am I out of luck? THanks!

2. williamc40

williamc40 Bit poster

That sucks.. so if I didn't deactivate the windows key running on parallels on my old m1 it's useless now? Totally forgot to do that when I traded it in.

3. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello,

Can you please clarify if you have an issue with Parallels Desktop activation or Windows activation?

Also, please note that we could not find any valid Parallels Desktop license using your current email address.

Please provide your invoice in a private message.

Thanks

4. williamc40

williamc40 Bit poster

It was with Windows Activation.. I bought a CD key and forgot to disable/deactivate it when I traded in my M1. I actually called Microsoft and they actually activated it. If anyone has this issue in the future I was told that if you haven't requested to re-activate a key in the last few months they will typically activate. They just don't want you calling every week trying to do this. They ask for your info/email. Thanks for the follow up here.