Beware Order Processing Partner

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by LaurenceB, Dec 14, 2011.

1. LaurenceB

LaurenceB Bit poster

Communications between Parallels and their chosen Order Processing Partner is problematic; I've been struggling for nearly two (2) weeks to have an already-authorized refund post to the account used to purchase a Parallels product. Here's a response from "Ujjwal" in Customer Support: "We have forwarded this concern to our Order Processing Partner but we have not heard from them yet. Once we have any response, we will forward the same to you."

"Once we have any response..." Note he/she doesn't say "*when* we have a response". Nothing spells confidence and trust in customer relations than wishful thinking from an authorized customer rep. They're Johnny-on-the-spot when it comes to *taking* monies, but something far, far, less when refunding.

A word to the wise.

For the record: Parallels' product is wonderful; customer support is most decidedly not.

2. JuanPerez

JuanPerez Junior Member

I am having same problem as you but this time with PayPal

3. LaurenceB

LaurenceB Bit poster

MasterCard doesn't like the "order processing partner" either

Just in time for Holiday shopping, my bank sent this notice regarding the transaction:

At XXXXXXX, we take your security and privacy very seriously. We were just informed by MasterCard® that your XXXXXXX Card may have been compromised within its network of merchants/processors.

As a precaution, we're reissuing you a new Card (with a new card number, expiration date and security code). The new card should reach you no later than December 29, 2011. Your current card will be deactivated at 12 AM ET on December 30, 2011, regardless of whether or not your new card has been activated.

Thank you, DRI SOFTWARE MINNETONKA MN. And Merry Christmas to you, too.

4. Danil@Parallels

Danil@Parallels Staff Member

Hello LaurenceB,

I have been working on this with Digital River and requested them to reach out to you directly to have the refund issue sorted out. Please let me know if they have not contacted you yet.

5. Danil@Parallels

Hello JuanPerez,

As we have advised already, please attempt a new order with a Credit Card. Per Digital River a PayPal order will not be completed. The payment is possible at the same time the order is placed only. If the PayPal order goes into Review - they (DR) cannot get money from PayPal after the initial hold.

Please attempt a new order using a different payment method, the Credit Card would be the best one.

We appreciate your understanding an cooperation.

6. Danil@Parallels

Dear LaurenceB,

I am really sorry to hear that. Be advised I have notified DR of this and they should be addressing this when they reach out to you with regards to the refund issue.

I do apologize for the inconveniences this situation might have caused you.

Should you require any further assistance with this matter, please send me a PM and I will be happy to assist you.