New MacBook Pro Migration

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Kitmonster, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Kitmonster

Kitmonster Bit poster

I just upgraded my 2013 MacBook Pro to a new one. The new one has double the memory and a faster processor. I used the Apple migration feature to transfer everything from one computer to the other and when I open up Parallels I entered the activation key which automatically deactivate the old version. All is good and seemingly working well.

As I said the new machine has twice the memory so I went into the virtual machine configuration but it seems (maybe ) to think that it on the old computer. I say this as when I look at the available memory I see 8 GB and the new machine has 16 GB.

This are running OK but how can I be sure that the virtual machine I migrated across really knows its sat on a new, faster machine with more memory?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can allocate maximum 8 GB of RAM with Standard License. You can allocate more than 8 GB if you have Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro subscription. You can find the comparison on our page.