Parallels 14 with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MacBimmer, Aug 22, 2018.

1. MacBimmer

MacBimmer Junior Member

Installed Parallels 14 and Parallels Tools yesterday on 2018 MBP and everything works fine till I go to shutdown windows and then quits Parallels. After executing the shutdown command, windows goes to black screen like its shutting down and then a message pops up "Windows 10" was restarted....The virtual machine processor was reset by the operating system.... with an "ok" button that then restarts Windows. This happens every time I try to shut down so I'm unable to shut down Windows and Parallels. I have been unsuccessful in getting windows and Parallels to both shut down since the upgrade to Parallels 14. Can anyone help me figure out what to do?

2. Michael@Parallels

Michael@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi,
    Here're the KB that should help:
    https://kb.parallels.com/en/124449
    https://kb.parallels.com/en/123831

MacBimmer likes this.
  3. MacBimmer

MacBimmer Junior Member

4. KristenR

KristenR Bit poster

Turning off Quick Start in Windows 10 solved this very issue for me as well. Thanks for the links to the KB's!

5. You are welcome. Please post again for any additional queries.

6. LuisB3

LuisB3 Bit poster

Hello,
    I'm having some trouble shutting down Windows 10 October Update (1809). Sometimes the screen goes blank but never finishes to shut down. When I return to Parallels's Control Center I can see the preview thumbnail of the OS and it says "Windows is shutting down". Other times the preview shows a BSOD. Is there any information about this particular Windows build?
    Thank you.

7. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @LuisB3 , Please refer the article to repair your Windows then check the BSOD issue.

8. landman98

landman98 Bit poster

Thank you Michael. Solution #12449 fixed my issue as well.