Chromium OS guest missing in Parallels 13

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by RickC1, Sep 29, 2017.

1. RickC1

RickC1 Bit poster

But the documentation says it should be there.

2. appzattak

appzattak Bit poster

yea, where did it go?

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @RickC1 , please help us with the documentation you are mentioning about, we will check and help you.

4. RickC1

RickC1 Bit poster

I used to be able to click "File -> New..." and have "Chrome OS" appear as one of the options under "Free Systems".
    It's gone in Parallels 13.
    If I click "Help" and search for "Chro", one of the options is "Download Pre-configured Virtual Appliances". One of the listed items is "Downloading Chromium OS Virtual Appliance".

5. DaveC7

DaveC7 Bit poster

Any word on this? This is one of the features I was counting on.

JPetrJ and GregS10 like this.
  6. Arun@Parallels

Hi @RickC1 , Chrome Os is not available with Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac.

7. RickC1

RickC1 Bit poster

Arun, So I paid for an upgrade and ended up with less functionality. Also, your documentation says it's available. It would probably cost you less to restore Chrome OS capability than to change your documentation.

JPetrJ likes this.
  8. Arun@Parallels

Hi @RickC1 , we understand your situation. We will forward your feedback to our development team.

9. GregS10

GregS10 Bit poster

Agreed - I went to install Chromium today on Parallels 13 and it was missing. I tried to open the version from the previous Parallels 12 version that that wasn't working correctly.

10. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Guys, the Chromium OS appliance no longer available as virtual appliance but you can install it by self.

11. KarlA4

KarlA4 Bit poster

Please put Chrome OS back on Parallels.

JPetrJ and JohnnyS2 like this.
  12. KarlA4

KarlA4 Bit poster

I really want Chrome OS with Play Store. NOT AMAZON lol. Who uses amazon, its all about google play store =] Thanks for your consideration!

13. KarlA4

KarlA4 Bit poster

I cannot find the download link anywhere for the life of me! Please attach a link

JPetrJ likes this.
  14. SimonT4

SimonT4 Bit poster

Yeah, feel so cheated, i had good experience with Parellels, i like to try chromeOS today, think let's upgrade the Parallels to pro and newest version and there is no chromeos, used to be just click and installl.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2018
    JPetrJ and JohnnyS2 like this.
  15. Jean-MichelZ

Jean-MichelZ Bit poster

@alexg, I didn't find where to download an chrome os iso file... can you provide a link? Thx

16. JohnnyS2

JohnnyS2 Bit poster

I am also requesting a link or better yet, please add the Chromium OS virtual appliance back to Parallels. Seems ridiculous that it is not included in your, "Upgrade". I too am feeling cheated here.

If you have no plan to add the virtual appliance, then it would be very much appreciated if you can provide a link to download and instructions to install.

As far as I can see, Google does not offer downloads of ChromeOS -- at least, not in a form that's easy to use with a virtual machine. And the popular ChromeOS builds once offered by Hexxah seem to have disappeared from the web entirely, and haven't seen updates in years.

Thanks in advance for your support with this issue.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  17. MaxN1

MaxN1 Bit poster

I support the above - we need this feature back, why was it taken away in the first place??

18. DominikHoffmann

DominikHoffmann Junior Member

It must be a licensing issue.

I, too, am looking for reliable instructions on installing Chrome OS on Parallels 14.

19. CaseyM1

CaseyM1 Bit poster

I really cannot believe Chromium OS has been removed. with the other problems I'm having with Parallels I think I will switch to VMWare

20. RainerS1

RainerS1 Member

Please let us know how to do this!!! It's a shame you simply discontinue support of an OS...