Parallels block by OS security settings after Parallels update

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Jonathan16, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Jonathan16

Jonathan16 Bit poster

Hi, I updated Parallels for Desktop to Version 15.0.0 (46967) yesterday and got the System Extension Blocked dialog. I am running MacOS 10.14.6 and did not have any issues prior to the Parallels update.

However, when I go to OS Security and Privacy Preferences there is no message to Allow Parallels International GmbH under the "Allow apps downloaded from" section. It is just blank.

How can I approve Parallels so I can use it again?

2. @Jonathan16 could you please share the screenshot of the System Extension Blocked dialog and generate the tech report right after the dialog appeared and reply us back with the report ID.

3. Jonathan16

Jonathan16 Bit poster

Ok, I have generated and sent the report. Report ID: 320259592

4. SaschaP1

SaschaP1 Bit poster

I have the exact same problem.

This problem frequently occurs with other apps as well that use that security dialog. It's just not showing up in System Preferences.

5. Did you try get the same issue with 15.1.0?

6. SaschaP1

SaschaP1 Bit poster

The solution to this is to re-install Parallels. Just install on top of the existing install, then reboot. The kernel extensions will then be loaded without you having to confirm anything in System Preferences.

7. GregoryL5

GregoryL5 Bit poster

Unfortunately, this hasn't worked for me.

8. BrianP11

BrianP11 Bit poster

I'm also having this issue and reinstalling did not fix it. Even allowing all apps doesn't stop the modal from showing. Has anyone had any luck getting past this?
    upload_2020-5-22_21-0-55.png

9. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.
    1. Restart your Mac and hold down Command+R combination on the keyboard until Apple logo appears on the screen.
    NOTE: If you see a login window or your own desktop instead of the Utilities window, it's possible that you didn't press Command+R early enough. Restart your Mac and try again.
    2. From the top menu bar select Utilities and then Terminal.
    3.Execute the following command:
    spctl kext-consent add 4C6364ACXT
    NOTE: You should hit return/Enter after entering the command to execute it.
    4. Restart Mac into normal mode execute the command reboot or select Apple logo > Restart.

10. Mike Retondo

Mike Retondo Bit poster

This worked for me, thanks!!!