Star Trek Online worked with Parallels 14 but crashes with 15

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by petemill, Aug 16, 2019.

1. petemill

petemill Junior Member

When starting Star Trek Online after upgrading from the latest v14 to v15, the game won't play. It crashes after the start screen, making me think it's having issues with Parallels' new DirectX11 capabilities.

Is there any way to go back to the previous DirectX10 feature which worked pretty well with Star Trek Online?

Attached Files:

2. IvanD@Parallels

IvanD@Parallels Staff Member

Hello petermill,

Please collect the tech report while the issue is on the screen using Help > Send Technical Data... and share its ID here.
    Looking forward to your reply with the report ID. With this report ID the Development team will investigate the issue with
    Star Trek Online in version 15.

3. Curt C

Curt C Bit poster

I'm having the exact same issue. Any resolution for this? Does it have something to do with Parallels 15 using Metal?

I tried to get help from the STO support site, but b/c I'm on a VM they cannot help. They did recommend I run at 1920x1080 resolution, however, I do not have that option available (I posted in another thread about that). My Parallels, Parallels Tools, Windows 10, macOS, etc. are all up to date.

4. Unfortunately we didn't received any tech data from previous user.
    Could you please collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs and post the report's ID here.
    We need this info for the further issue investigation.

5. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

6. booragal

booragal Bit poster

Hello,
    Does anyone know if there was a resolution to this problem?

7. KyleH10

KyleH10 Bit poster

It appears to have been fixed as I just now tried it again after giving up when Parallels 15 first came out.