Civilization VI

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by brunok2, May 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. brunok2

brunok2 Bit poster

Hi

I just bought Parallels (home version) as I am looking for a solution in order to run some games I couldn't run on over virtual machine solution because of Direct X 11/12 support.
    As it is stated by Parallels that's Direct X11 is supported I then bought the software and installed the first game which requires Direct X11 it's Civilisation VI
    I installed it (on a dedicated Steam library folder I put on an external hard drive) and run then after
    I just saw the screen where you've to choose the version of Direct X 11 or 12 and I choose then 11.... few secs after the game just stopped without opening
    Can it be related to Direct X support or something else ?

thanks
    BKantique

2. JulioM3

JulioM3 Bit poster

I have the same problem. I've got to run Civilization VI but with fragmented graphics, so I can't play at all. If you choose Direct X 12 then it crashes.

3. AdilE

AdilE Bit poster

Same issue here, fragmented graphics with Civilization VI[​IMG]

4. Hello, could you please collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and reply us back with the report's ID.
    Looking forward to your reply.

5. AdilE

AdilE Bit poster

Hi, here is the report ID: 341779981

6. Andres13

Andres13 Bit poster

Hi guys! Any news about this issue? I just bought the game and parallels and it's still not working :(

7. AgilePhilosopher

AgilePhilosopher Bit poster

yea same here.. any updates on options for a fix yet?

8. ParallelsU439

ParallelsU439 Bit poster

Any update yet? DirectX games via Steam seem to have issues anyway, also on performance.

9. Hello guys, please collect the tech report once the issue reproduced. We will escalate this case to the Parallels Engineering Team for the further investigation.

10. ParallelsU439

ParallelsU439 Bit poster

Tech report 344759296 sent in. Intro movies are fine, the menu looks like this:
    Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 08.18.09.png

11. ParallelsUser 1812

ParallelsUser 1812 Bit poster

Same problem - also looking for a solution to this.

12. ParallelsUser 1812

ParallelsUser 1812 Bit poster

Technical report 346087224 sent in case this helps.

13. JoshS9

JoshS9 Bit poster

Same issue on mine. Report ID 346095154

14. Hello, did you play with Graphic setting at the VM configuration?

15. JoshS9

JoshS9 Bit poster

I did, I have tried Different Resolution settings (in the Window 10 VM) as well as trying all 3 resolution options in the parallels graphics config. (Best for Retina, Scaled, Best for external displays) I have tried maxing out the memory as well as leaving it on Auto. I've also tried different settings in the game it self with no luck. (turning on and off various graphic options as well as trying different resolutions and full screen vs windowed mode.) The graphics glitch follows and occurs with any setting I've tried.

16. AlanaM1

AlanaM1 Bit poster

It's fixed on Parallels 16, not sure if they will have a fix on 15 though. Probably not.

17. JoshS9

JoshS9 Bit poster

Nice, I'll upgrade and try it!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  18. RichardW19

RichardW19 Bit poster

Hi I'm having this problem as well, though I'm running Parallels 16. Well, I think it's 16? 1.6.0 (21086). Technical report 353914522. Anyone find any solution beyond running in parallels 16? Any specific settings working for you?