Parallels 16 - Snapshots Broken

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KristianS1, Aug 16, 2020.

1. KristianS1

KristianS1 Member

Get an error: 'Unable to pause %1' whenever Smartguard or a manual snapshot is attempted. Worked fine with version 15.

2. Hello, could you provide us with more details please? (Step-by-steps instructions in order to reproduce the issue on our side)
    Also please collect the tech report data once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

3. KristianS1

KristianS1 Member

It's almost as if you don't read the posts. I told you exactly when it happens, and the outcome. There is no more details than that.
    Bit hard to collect a report, as it happens randomly and I'm not going to go through the process every time to collect a report just in case it happens. I'll paste a report ID if the option to automatically send a report pops up.

4. Thank you for your reply.
    Technical report includes a lot of important data that we need for the issue investigation and also it will help us to find the root cause of the issue and resolve it.
    If you decide to investigate and resolve the issue, please provide us with the report. It will be very informative and helpful.
    Thank you for understanding.

5. KristianS1

KristianS1 Member

The report ID is: 347670627

6. Thanks you for the provided information and please sorry for the delay in response.
    We've involved Parallels Engineering Team in this case and once we get any updates we will let you know.

7. KristianS1

KristianS1 Member

The update published today appears to fix this issue, but it's too early to be sure. The touted performance improvements actually seem apparent too (weren't really noticeable before) but that might just be my imagination.

8. If the issue reoccurs please let us know

9. KristianS1

KristianS1 Member

Actually, it was unjustified optimism. It still doesn't work properly.

10. Parallels Engineering Team works on the resolution. Please keep your Parallels Desktop updated.

11. Hello, we would like to inform you that Parallels Desktop 16.1.0 update has been released recently.
    Please update to the latest build and check the issue.
    Looking forward to your reply and update.

12. KristianS1

KristianS1 Member

Thanks for the update. A couple of basic tests worked. I will continue to monitor it over the next couple of weeks, but looks promising so far.

13. KristianS1

KristianS1 Member

No, still does not work, Smartguard failed to pause the VM when making a snapshot. Failed with the same error
    Sent report wtih ID: 352698624

14. KristianS1

KristianS1 Member

Note: also seem to get the error when deleting old snapshots

15. Please check your inbox.

16. Also we would like to inform you that we've escalated this case to the Parallels Engineering Team for the further investigation.
    We will inform you once we get any updates.

17. StefanB9

StefanB9 Bit poster

Any updates on this? I have the same issue on all my virtual machines.

18. Hi, could you try to reduce number of CPUs in your VM and check the issue?

19. Hello, this issue is still under investigation.
    Could you collect the technical report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?

20. KristianS1

KristianS1 Member

@Maria@Parallels

Some additional information that might be useful: This problem might just be a Catalina issue. Since upgrading to Big Sur, I haven't had the problem.

Maria@Parallels likes this.