Install fail on M1 running Monterey

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaelG62, Nov 9, 2021.

1. MichaelG62

MichaelG62 Bit poster

I can't get the latest version of the Parallels app to install on a new M1 mini running latest Monterey. I have the installer downloaded but it will not complete the install. A knowledge base posting says if this occurs, download again and try again. Been there done the quite a few times now. The kb article says if this fails, contact support. When I tried that a recording came on every five minutes saying all engineers are busy, call back. After the sixth message, I was disconnected. Alt method suggested was email, and now three full days and not a peep except the auto-response with a ticket number.

This is not a trial, I have paid for it and registered it.

Is there any special trick to install Parallels in an M1 w Monterey? It installed on my laptop with Big Sur just fine, but the very existence of that specious kb has me thinking there is a problem.

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

3. MichaelG62

MichaelG62 Bit poster

While I appreciate the suggestion, this is exactly what I have been doing repeatedly since buying the app, as stated above. But just now I did it again per your request and achieved the same outcome as described in the KB... process just hangs.

4. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @MichaelG62 , Please generate a Technical Report ID following the instructions from this Knowledge base article and provide us the 9 digit technical report ID here for further investigation. http://kb.parallels.com/9058 . Thanks, Parallels Team.

5. MichaelG62

MichaelG62 Bit poster

Looking at the KB it appears that such a report can be generated within the Parallels app, but my problem is that said app cannot be installed, therefore I cannot generate the report requested.

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, if you have any VPN or anti virus please disable that, and try to install Parallels Desktop then. Thanks, Parallels Team.