Unable to use Quick Assist, in Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LeeG11, Mar 22, 2023.

1. LeeG11

LeeG11 Bit poster

Wondered if anyone else uses Quick Assist in Windows 11.

A simple, built-in tool Microsoft has developed for remote control, but i've yet to get it to connect to a client when using 11 on Parallels.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

2. AlanH9

AlanH9 Bit poster

Best Answer
    I have successfully made a connection. It worked after an update to the Quick Assist app in my Win 11 Pro parallels guest OS. The connection was between the latter and a remote Win 10 Pro physical host, and worked in both directions (give/receive help). So, if you want to try, then open MS Store in your Win 11 guest OS, on bottom left open Library and click Get Updates. If you see that Quick Assist gets updated (it may already have been automatically), then you may be onto a winner. My working ARM version of Quick Assist is 2.0.21.0 and is on Win 11 Pro/Parallels Desktop
    Version 18.3.0 (53606), M2 Pro, OS Ventura 13.4.

LeeG11 likes this.
  3. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @LeeG11 , could you please let us know what exactly happens when you try to connect with quick assist and share the screenshot of the error message if any to assist you further, and also do you have an Intel Mac or M-series Mac? .thanks.

4. LeeG11

LeeG11 Bit poster

Of course.
    Quick Assist launches, but when either giving or receving assistance, fails to connect the two clients together.

First screenshot is when trying to receive assistance:

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 12.50.10.png

This screenshot normally appears when trying to sign into a Microsoft account to give help.

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 12.51.33.png

Quick Assist works on Windows machines using the same network.

Hope that helps.

5. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Kindly confirm if you are using an Intel Mac or ARM Mac for us to further investigate the issue.
    Also, collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply.
    Thank you.

6. LeeG11

LeeG11 Bit poster

Apologies for the delay.
    Report submitted. Report ID: 421574459

The machine is an ARM Mac (M1).

Thank you.

7. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Indeed, it appears that the case requires deeper investigation, so we escalated it to the Development Team.
    Once there is a response from them - whether it is a request for additional information, a workaround or a permanent fix - we will let you know.
    Thank you.

8. LeeG11

LeeG11 Bit poster

Fabulous. Thank you.

9. ParallelsU1137

ParallelsU1137 Bit poster

Hello!
    I am having a very similar issue on a M2 Pro Mac Mini running Parallels Desktop 18.2.0 and Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22621.
    I am trying to connect to a friend's computer and after she enters the code my side starts the connection then says "Waiting for the person to accept" and her side stays on "Starting connection". Someone else can connect to her computer without a problem, and this worked on a Late 2012 Mac mini i7 running parallels and Windows 10.

10. AlanH9

AlanH9 Bit poster

Best Answer
    I have successfully made a connection. It worked after an update to the Quick Assist app in my Win 11 Pro parallels guest OS. The connection was between the latter and a remote Win 10 Pro physical host, and worked in both directions (give/receive help). So, if you want to try, then open MS Store in your Win 11 guest OS, on bottom left open Library and click Get Updates. If you see that Quick Assist gets updated (it may already have been automatically), then you may be onto a winner. My working ARM version of Quick Assist is 2.0.21.0 and is on Win 11 Pro/Parallels Desktop
    Version 18.3.0 (53606), M2 Pro, OS Ventura 13.4.

LeeG11 likes this.
  11. LeeG11

LeeG11 Bit poster

Great work - mine works too. I'll be honest, I'd wrapped 11 up until I heard from Parallel's tech support, but you beat them to it.