Macbook or Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by srkerd, Nov 23, 2008.

1. srkerd

srkerd Bit poster

I currently own a Macbook Core Duo 2.0ghz 2gb ram (the first black ones) and I am running Parallels VM with Vista Bootcamp (1gb give to VM) however I am having problems with performance. I believe because of the ram. My available ram drops to 25mb when I am running.

I am looking into buying a new mac however I can't decide between a macbook pro or macbook. I don't run graphic intensive programs but I do need to use parallels all days long at work.

I am hoping a new macbook with 4gb ram should solve the problems I am having but do you think macbook pro will have any advantages for me in my case.

I really prefer the smaller and cheaper macbook...

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi,

Try to set 512 Mb RAM for your Windows Vista Bootcamp in VM configuration.

Best regards,
    Alexander

3. srkerd

srkerd Bit poster

Thanks Alexander. That seems to help. I thought that was too little for Vista.

If I buy a new macbook with 4gb memory will this be the setting I will have to use also?

And do you have a comment on which mac to buy as far as parallels performance. With a similar CPU and memory configuration would there be a performance difference between these laptops for office use.... (outlook, MS Project, and general office applications)

Thanks

Serkan