Hi-Speed USB Devices in XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Sideways, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Sideways

Sideways Member

Hi,
    I have a USB-2 memory stick I use with OS/X quite happily. Whenever I use it under XP it reports it is not attached to a hi-speed USB device.

Since the MACBook Pro only has hi-speed usb2.0 ports, I'm unsure why I get this error.

Anybody any ideas ?

Thanks,

Paul

2. BruceK

BruceK Member

The code inside Parallels only supports USB 1.1 at this time.

3. NutKracker

NutKracker Junior Member

Would that be the reason why I get a BSOD when I attempt to copy music from WinXP (running in Parallels) via the USB port onto my iRiver U10? It can see the device and it's contents, but as soon as I initiate a transfer of music, bang BSOD!

4. xuanvu

xuanvu Bit poster

At the moment, I can't transfer file larger than 40 MB between XP (on Parallel) and my USB HDD... It just froze and I have to quit Parallels. Hope they can implement USB 2 soon.

5. don montalvo

don montalvo Hunter

6. Paul Linden

Paul Linden Member

I think you just have to be patient with the Parallels team. It's been out for how long? Two months?

VMWare still doesn't have USB 2 support, and Virtual PC doesn't even have USB 1.1 support. And VMWare workstation still doesn't suppport Vista (although VMWare server does).

They are doing a great job. It's not perfect, but it's as good as anything else out there for a fraction of the price.