Error occured when installing Parallels Hypervisor

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by sirdir, Apr 4, 2006.

1. sirdir

sirdir Junior Member

Hi!

I get

Error occured when installing Parallels Hypervisor

Setup cannot be continued

when I try to upgrade to Parallels Workstation 2.1.
    2.0 worked perfectly. Any Ideas?

Regards

Patrick

2. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

Were you really doing an 'upgrade'? What is your Host OS?

3. sirdir

sirdir Junior Member

Yes I was. But now I deinstalled Parallels und tried to install again. But that didn't work. Host OS Is Windows XP. If that helps: I had buyed 2.0 and mixed the keys up until I found out Parallels sent me the correct key for 2.1 via e-mail... but that shouldn't be the problem, I guess...

By the way, I'll be much more interessted in that new to come Product for OS X anyway :)

4. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

Sorry, can't help with xp problems. But if you first tried to upgrade that may have confused the m$ software. The key shouldn't matter since it isn't used until after the install. Hope you get the OSX product soon.

5. sirdir

sirdir Junior Member

Well, I hope anybody will be able to help me. It's not that I desperately need Parallels (I have VMWARE as well and I almost always work on the Mac anyway, but it's not nice to have software that doesn't work, is it? :)

Does anybody know what file is the hypervisor?

6. Nadine McSim

Nadine McSim Junior Member

7. sirdir

sirdir Junior Member

Thanks a lot, that worked.

Regards

Patrick

8. Roaster

Roaster Member

Hm, what is the Hypervisor? A new product or did I miss sthg. else?

9. anshar

anshar Member

Hypervisor is a main virtual machine module which actually controls real hardware instead of primary OS when VM is running.

10. constant

constant Forum Maven

And all the time I was thinking it was a piece of glass that just wouldn't sit still.

11. wackyspat

wackyspat Bit poster

Same problem, clean install

FWIW, I experience the exact same error message when installing build 2.1.1670 on XP-SP2 on a Dell Latitude D810 which has a Pentium-M CPU and 2GB RAM. Build 1672 installed without any problem.

12. lhertig

lhertig Bit poster

I had the same problem.

built 1672 was the solution. I think it would be worth to publish it on your download site :)

regards
    Lukas

13. jpolous

jpolous Bit poster

1672 Works for me to..

Tried to install trial on 2 pcs, Intall would not work. But 1672 install works. The download should be updated on the site. I'm planning on buying it, but I definately would not if even the install didn't work!