problems going to and from full screen

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by G-Funk, Sep 9, 2006.

1. G-Funk

G-Funk Bit poster

I'm facing problems going from windowed screen to full screen and back in parallels. it seems that when ever i do this the Host OS screen goes black. in order to have it working i must quit parallels.. I'm using a 17" macbook pro with an ATI 256MB graphics card on. also . to switch to full screen. it keeps on perfoming of the transition effect a couple of times and then goes to full screen mode. or sometimes i have to do it a couple of times in order to achive a full screen mode.

Thanks in advance:(

2. G-Funk

G-Funk Bit poster

Anyone ?!?

3. G-Funk

G-Funk Bit poster

anyone ???!?!?:(

4. arnoud

arnoud Junior Member

I haven't used full screen for the last few builds, but I had a problem on my Mac Pro (with 23" cinema) that whenever I rotated out of full screen mode, Parallels would crash... Since I hate apps that crash, I haven't tried it recently...

5. mmak

mmak Member

Same here, 15 inch MBP. The problem for me is getting out of full screen mode, everything gets garbled. Maybe the windows application is intercepting alt-enter. Sometimes, it is easier to get out of full screen mode, but the VM retains the highest resolution instead of reverting to 1280x800. Very annoying because sometimes I work in Windows and need the full res.

6. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

never crashes for me

MacBook pro at Color LCD at 1680 x 1050 plus 23 inch Cinema HD at 1920 x 1200 and both with millions

WinXp settings 1440 x 852 32 bit colour

I drag parallels onto either screen but mostly use on and only rotate on the Cinema HD

Hugh W

7. ajay

ajay Hunter

How do you get those WinXP screen resolution values to work. I thought they must be in multiples of 8?

8. Robster

Robster Hunter

Working fine for me on MacBook Pro 17inch.

However I did note a strange anomoly.

The first time today I toggled full screen I got a message that my Parallels tools needed updating!!!!

No idea why I got this as I have never had this message before and I KNOW I have the latest buld of tools because I updated them after I updated to 1970 version.

Very strange BUT no crashes, garbled video or anything.

Robin