After suspend can't open shared folder

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by edsilver, Dec 9, 2008.

1. benh57

benh57 Bit poster

Please fix this issue, it is extremely easy to reproduce.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce, thus we are asking to create ticket

3. edsilver

edsilver Bit poster

Ticket

As stated in previous post, I've logged ticket ID#:42081.

Please let me know if I can help debug in any way, I can reproduce the problem at any time.

-Ed

4. HonzaI

HonzaI Member

Hello,
    this is quick update on my attempts to fix according to Parallels tech support for those interested. Last suggestion was to wipe out all Parallels tools (that is 4 step procedure) including cleaning registry and system files. Then repair the WindowsXP installation using repair option from installation disk. Took about 3 hours to finish and did not work. Luckily, my MBP can parallel process while I was pushing this forward so I wrote quite a bit of new stuff and analyzed data using Mac side.
    On the other hand, I have created new VM with WindowsXP installation (using the express method), took only about 40 minutes and everything works fine in this new VM. I can suspend and revive without loosing communication.
    I will just go and install those few Windows programs into the new VM and call end to this misery.
    By the way, I have two different VMs which were updated from 2.5 to 3.0 and now to 4.0 which do the same thing. Both will be now replaced.

5. John@Parallels

6. edsilver

edsilver Bit poster

Problem report submitted with ID#671350

I submitted the ticket with ID#671350. Looks like a re-install worked for Honzi, so I'll likely follow that path when I get some free time, but still would prefer to fix instead of re-install everything.

Thanks,

Ed

7. John@Parallels

I replied in ticket, please check

8. HonzaI

HonzaI Member

Finally solution... As suggested by Parallels support, I checked my mounted Mac folders and had my home folder mounted twice - once from "Mount Mac folders" and once manually. After I removed the manual mount to home folder, I can suspend and resume with no loss of connectivity.

At the end, solution was very simple and painless... Something for KB I think.

9. petro

petro Member

Still occuring

I'm running 4.0.3844, I've got this problem in both a Vista and XP guest OS. On every suspend/resume, shared folders go away.

Report 356326, ticket 748813. I'm only sharing one folder from Mac to Vista, and nothing the other way around. See screenshot.

Attached Files: