After suspend can't open shared folder

Ticket

As stated in previous post, I've logged ticket ID#:42081.

Please let me know if I can help debug in any way, I can reproduce the problem at any time.

-Ed
 
Hello,
this is quick update on my attempts to fix according to Parallels tech support for those interested. Last suggestion was to wipe out all Parallels tools (that is 4 step procedure) including cleaning registry and system files. Then repair the WindowsXP installation using repair option from installation disk. Took about 3 hours to finish and did not work. Luckily, my MBP can parallel process while I was pushing this forward so I wrote quite a bit of new stuff and analyzed data using Mac side.
On the other hand, I have created new VM with WindowsXP installation (using the express method), took only about 40 minutes and everything works fine in this new VM. I can suspend and revive without loosing communication.
I will just go and install those few Windows programs into the new VM and call end to this misery.
By the way, I have two different VMs which were updated from 2.5 to 3.0 and now to 4.0 which do the same thing. Both will be now replaced.
 
Problem report submitted with ID#671350

I submitted the ticket with ID#671350. Looks like a re-install worked for Honzi, so I'll likely follow that path when I get some free time, but still would prefer to fix instead of re-install everything.

Thanks,

Ed
 
Finally solution... As suggested by Parallels support, I checked my mounted Mac folders and had my home folder mounted twice - once from "Mount Mac folders" and once manually. After I removed the manual mount to home folder, I can suspend and resume with no loss of connectivity.

At the end, solution was very simple and painless... Something for KB I think.
 
Still occuring

I'm running 4.0.3844, I've got this problem in both a Vista and XP guest OS. On every suspend/resume, shared folders go away.

Report 356326, ticket 748813. I'm only sharing one folder from Mac to Vista, and nothing the other way around. See screenshot.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top