Problems with Parallels Compressor on XP

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Menace, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Menace

Menace Bit poster

John, I just want to make this clear:

1. This thread started with post #1 where I didn't mention "Kaspersky" at all and in post #7 you wrote that zone alarm is causing memory leak with "Zone Alarm, Windows Firewall and AVG - Uninstall them (except Windows Firewall) - this is the case of low memory."
    2. In post #2 Peter (Parallels) recommended to turn off Windows Firewall and anti virus and to disable Kaspersky.
    3. I mentioned in my post #5 that the problem happened only with Service Pack 3, AVG 8 Free Edition, Zone Alarm and Windows Updates (and no Kaspersky) installed. Then "Kaspersky" was only mentioned by me because I just did another test with it on a fresh installed Windows XP.
    5. In post #14 we found out that the swap file gets corrupted by Compressor itself - no matter if we install and uninstall Kaspersky or any other Internet Security or anti virus programs and that this a known bug since at least July 2008 so actually we don't need a new thread with detailed explanation for reporting the bug of Paralles Compressor anymore.
    6. So there was no need to contact Kaspersky like you have mentioned in post #17.

It hasn't been misspelling - it was more likely misreading or misundestanding.

The Parallels team had just guided us in the wrong direction to solve the problem here.

Best regards.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. DaTa

DaTa Hunter

Thank you for explanation, Menace,

Please, start the machine, click on Help in Parallels Desktop menu -> Report a problem. The report will be generated and sent to Parallels and you will be shown a problem report number. Please, provide this us with number in your next reply, so we can transfer it to Development.

Thank you in advance.

3. Menace

Menace Bit poster

See post #11 & 14 - I am outta here.

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven