Parallels 6: BSOD with Window 7 64

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Stephen Blaising, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Stephen Blaising

Stephen Blaising Bit poster

I just upgraded and have had an issue with booting Windows 7 64. I often receive the BSOD, but if I close and reboot, I can eventually get into Windows and Windows runs fine. This was obviously not an issue with running the VM in Parallels 5. Also, I have not made ANY config changes between the using it with 5 and 6.

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

I got a BSOD once during startup of Windows 7 64 bit after installing Parallels Tools 6 and another time after that also while starting up. Every time, stopping the VM and restarting again works. I'll try to remember to send a report next time if it happens again.

3. Robert Sutter

Robert Sutter Bit poster

P6 Build 11820 Win7 BSOD after upgrade

Getting the same issue, same situation. Win7 crash report says "During the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output system (BIOS) version on this computer does not match the specifications for the central processing unit (CPU), also known as a processor, that is installed on your computer." Also tried upgrading to Build 11822 and could not get Parallels tools to install... kept rolling back, even after I tried workarounds in KB and Forum. Any suggestions?

4. reneetheproducer

reneetheproducer Bit poster

Having the same issue of blue screen crashing after installing tools

I installed Parallels 6 two days ago, but when I updated the tools today my virtual machine kept crashing and giving me the Blue Screen of Death. When I rebooted, Windows solution was to update my BIOS, but I'm not sure how to do that with a virtual machine. The normal upgrade with a Windows PC or laptop doesn't work for virtual machines. I also tried rolling back my CPUs from two to one. I'll see if that has any effect.

5. StephenA

StephenA Member

Me too, but Windows 7 32-bit

I just had another BSOD on Win 7 32-bit, Parallels 6. Memory_Management. :(

Attached Files:

6. Robert Sutter

Robert Sutter Bit poster

I just disabled the adaptive hypervisor under the VM configuration and it seems to be running now for 5 hours without BSOD. Before then, it crashed every few minutes. For what it's worth, I also have a VM running Win XP and never had the BSOD. In my case, it seems partial to Win 7.

7. lynmatten

lynmatten Member

Same solution worked with my configuration W7 32 Bit...

8. StephenA

StephenA Member

I just had my 3rd BSOD (win 7 32-bit). So I've also just disabled the adaptive hypervisor and will let you know how it goes.

What does disabling this do?

9. Robert Sutter

Robert Sutter Bit poster

Blue screen returned

After a smooth day with the adaptive hypervisor disabled, 2 BSOD's occurred today - each occurring coincident with 2 windows updates.

10. Erik2_again

Erik2_again Junior Member

I just had the same issue using Windows Vista 32-bit. Happened just a little bit after entering my credentials. Restarting the VM and it came back up without issues. I also have the adaptive hypervisor turned on. Then after that Parallels crashed as well so a problem report was created with ID 6705657

11. StephenA

StephenA Member

I had another BSOD this morning (Win7 32-bit). So I disabled adaptive hypervisor this morning at about 9am and rebooted. At 11.30am it BSOD again, memory management error as I posted before. This is really frustrating me now, I need my machine for work and was hosting a webex when in did this!!! :(

12. Robert Sutter

Robert Sutter Bit poster

BSOD again

Driver IRQL conflict.... can't get rid of blue screen issue. Running MacOS at 64bit but 32bit Win7... maybe this is a factor?

Attached Files:

13. SNicker317

SNicker317 Bit poster

Same problem

I had the same problem as you plus some other BSOD messages. Ver 5 was rock solid, 6 is slow as compared to 5. I tried to roll back to ver 5, but it won't accept my reg number as valid. I tried 5 and 6 reg numbers. Hope this gets fixed fast.

14. Kenneth Holley

Kenneth Holley Junior Member

Glad I found this thread. I'm seeing the Win7 0x0000001A memory management BSOD *every* day since upgrading to PD 6 ... never saw a single BSOD with this Win7 VM under PD 5.

15. SNicker317

SNicker317 Bit poster

TWO more BSOD's in under 1 hour

Here are just some (4) of the latest minidumps. I have probably 20 or 30.

Attached Files:

16. Herve

Herve Bit poster

same for me, after a problem with the install of the parallels tools I have installed a new vm (2 day of work) and now get blue screens several time a day...

Get a repport one time only saying:
    During the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output system (BIOS) version on this computer does not match the specifications for the central processing unit (CPU)

I regret having uploaded to parallels 6, since this update I get a problem after another one and spend much time to try to fix than to work, this remember me the famous windows millenium...

17. SNicker317

SNicker317 Bit poster

I have also seen the "...BIOS does not match..." message.

I removed the Kaspersky virus checker I was running (not the one included in Parallels) and replaced it with AVAST.
    The incedent of blues screens greatly dropped to maybe one every other day. I have nothing against Kaspersky only
    reporting what I have seen.

18. StephenA

StephenA Member

I just had another BSOD. .

19. StephenA

StephenA Member

Another 2 BSODs this morning, both look like the attached image.

Attached Files:

20. STim

STim Bit poster

StephenA, can you post a problem report (Help->Report a problem)? Please generate it while your VM is running.

Also, can you share a memory dump with us? It is a file in your Windows located in c:\windows folder and named MEMORY.DMP? It will give much more information about the BSOD.