Crucial v5 feature missing in v6? (Show in System Preferences)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BallO, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

It seems to be weird behavior... I'll try to contact the proper person and ask what's going on

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  2. jchapman9

jchapman9 Member

I've raised a ticket about this. Having cloned my system disk prior to upgrading PD5 to PD6, I find it deleted PD5 from the clone copy, making recovery to previous state impossible.

3. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Not impossible, just boot the clone and reinstall Parallels Desktop 5 to the clone.
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/5802

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

I've talked with mate from team responsible for installer.. it is turned out, that this behavior was refactored recently. It is really so - the PD-installer while uninstall/upgrade searched parallels-files on all mounted disks and removed them. It was done because some users move ParallelsDesktop.app from /Application to say Desktop. And we had complains to support about this.. so, in attempt to fix this it was made so.

In the future updates the behavior should change: uninstall/upgrade will search Parallels-programs only in the home-directory of the current user (or, may be, in the /Users - I don't remember this detail. But not in any other dir outside of /Users).

5. Perry Cadman

Perry Cadman Bit poster

Is there a KB-Article for the prl_shownet.sh? It seems to allow only one vnic to show up.

6. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

There could be a typo in the prl_shownet.sh. Thank you for the report, will recheck and post fixed version on Monday

the article is under QA now (need to check before publishing)..

PS: basically, the script just intended to do the actions in my post #3 http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=425554&postcount=3 , if you strongly need it before monday

7. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

btw, try to run the prl_shownet.sh twice. This should help.

8. Elric

Elric Parallels Team