Bug in 6.0.11990 Opening email in Outlook 2010 causes HTML file "Save" popup

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SamPa, Dec 7, 2010.

1. SamPa

SamPa Bit poster

Just updated to the 11990 build of ver 6. Now under my Win7 64 VM, In Outlook 2010 every time I open an email, a file download/save popup comes up wanting me to "save" an html file to disk. Wasn't happening in prior builds. Anyone else seeing this?

2. Wellery

Wellery Bit poster

Same Error

Yes I am getting the same error after updating today to 6.0.119900 Revision 621014

It occurs whether I open an email or not. Just having Outlook 2010 open causes the file downloads to start. They appear to be html versions of the outlook interface. Saving them or canceling the downloads makes not difference. Dozens stack up. Please provide a fix for this very annoying bug or a way to back out the update.

3. Maksimum

Maksimum Bit poster

I have the same problem, also with the newest build, also with Win7 x64. It generally happens when the system wants to open a html-file in a different program than the browser. It looks like some file associations got corrupted with the update.

4. SamPa

SamPa Bit poster

I found a workaround until they get this fixed. Disable all the new "Social" add-ins that come with outlook 2010. When I disabled those add-ins, the issue stopped. I don't use them anyway but still something that Parallels needs to look at.

I disabled the following COM add-ins (from File Tab->Options->Add-ins) in outlook and the issue went away:
    Business Connectivity Services Add-in
    Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing
    Microsoft Outlook Social Connector
    Microsoft Sharepoint server Colleague Import add-in

5. HMU

HMU Bit poster

This happens with ALL html content which outlook wants to display, not only the social media stuff, but also simply the HELP content. General issue...

6. edd--

edd-- Junior Member

Same problem here, please fix !!

7. Mac.M

Mac.M Bit poster

Vary Annoying.... Please Fix... Are the builds tested at all?!?!?

8. strandborg

strandborg Bit poster

Similar behavior happens with Visual Studio 2008: trying to start any Wizard (they all use HTML) causes the HTML file save dialog to pop up.

9. mrutter

mrutter Member

Same problem here!

At the moment I have the problem with Outlook and with MSDN Library for Visual Studio (I cannot view the help content, all I get is the dialog that asks me to download the page).

Please note that this is not only an annoying bug. I'm not able to view the MSDN Library (and other HTML helps) anymore!

Please, fix it.

Thank you.
    MR

10. SNicker317

SNicker317 Bit poster

Same issue, different app

Same issue with Incredimail ...
    Please fix this ASAP.

11. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hello everyone,

Parallels is aware of this problem. Our development team is currently working on a fix.
    We will post the workaround/fix as soon as we get it. It won't take too long.

Thanks for understanding.

12. lnemo

lnemo Hunter

Aaah - not only html is the problem. Had the same issue with a pptx just five minutes ago.

13. moods

moods Bit poster

Hello Parallels...

... Ok, I know there is this ugly problem since the newest build... but when can we have a solution for that? Sorry, this bug is known since three days - and we have to work too....

Thanks for an update - it is important for us customers who need also an up-and-running system...

14. MacBoy

MacBoy Bit poster

I received the update notice two days ago. Since the problem was already known, why did you push the notice?! I am just like these other users right now, I just cannot use Outlook (2010) anymore. We need a bug fix, that is urgent!

15. STim

STim Bit poster

This workaround applies both to problem with opening web links and to the problem with "Save as..." dialog.

1. Do as http://kb.parallels.com/en/9441 suggests
    2. Open Parallels Desktop's Virtual Machine menu->Configure->Options->Applications
    3. Check the "Web Pages" selection. If it is set to "Default" or "Open in Windows", then ignore the next step.
    4. If it is set to "Open in Mac", set it to "Default", click OK to save changes and then set it back to "Open in Mac".

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  16. Nova77

Nova77 Bit poster

This does not seem to work for Visual Studio 2010 unfortunately. It still shows up the "Save as..." when creating a new project (and that's extremely annoying).

17. MacBoy

MacBoy Bit poster

Neither in Outlook 2010. The problem is still there and yes this is really annoying!!

18. STim

STim Bit poster

Nova77, MacBoy - can you please generate problem reports (while your VMs are running) and post their IDs here?

19. MacBoy

MacBoy Bit poster

20. MacBoy

MacBoy Bit poster