Running 10.7 Lion as guest

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Michael Savory, Feb 24, 2011.

1. McNitefly

McNitefly Bit poster

Yes! Lion as Guest OS - coming soon?

Hey sporty guy,
    thanks for yourpost - that's good news. I was already trying everything I could to get Lion working as a guest OS ... now that explains why it didn't work ;-)

Did you follow that fellow from parallels? Does he really seem to be from the company?

Thanks & best regards,

McNitefly

2. jbbankshot

jbbankshot Bit poster

Any ETA on what "Soon" is?
    JB

3. ct2193

ct2193 Bit poster

Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Server

According to Apple, I must install 10.7 Client and then install the 10.7 Server package on top of it. As of today (2011.OCT.10) I freshly updated Parallels 6 and my installation of Mac OS X 10.7 Client WILL NOT INSTALL due to whatever Parallels implemented restrictions exist about non-server installations. I get that Apple says that they don't want you to run Client in a VM, but Apple REQUIRES you to install 10.7 Client FIRST in order to install Server.

I need some answers from someone with hard facts about how I am to get 10.7 Server installed into Parallels without some trashy hack job to do so. If Parallels can detect that I am or am not running Server, then why not something that detects and makes you reboot after a few hours or something. Something that impairs your ability to run Client, yet enough to get through the install so you can install Server - which is expected to work without interruption once installed.

4. MerylS

MerylS Junior Member

Really I'm interested to induce Lion running as guest. If there is any likelihood- conjointly as beta tester.. Thanks.