Can't get iSight to work on Build 1970 in XP Pro

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by birdieman, Mar 1, 2007.

1. birdieman

birdieman Bit poster

I have installed Parallels Image Tools and also Bootcamp drivers in the VM.

I click on the Status Bar (lower right hand corner) to activate the USB for iSight, inside the lower right corner of XP, it indicates that "This device can perform faster: This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed 2.0 USB port. For a list of available ports click here"

If click, I see a box shows up: HI-Speed USB Device Attached to non Hi-Speed Hub, and I see USB Roots Hub (2 ports) --> with one of them being Apple Built-in iSight - Unprogrammed.

If double click on the Apple Built-in iSight, it said " Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer (code 45). Checking the driver date, it is 8/1/2006, Driver Version being 1.1.1.0 (most likely that's the bootcamp driver version).

If I go to the Device Manager inside XP, the iSight is not there. In a sense, the iSight is not being attached to one of the USB port. And if goes back to the Status Bar, the iSight inside the USB symbol does not have a check mark.

I am using MacBook Pro. When I was using Bootcamp before I swtiched to Parallels, the iSight works fine in XP Pro.

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

1970 didnt support the isight.. it wasnt supported until RC1 or RC2.. You should update to 3186.

3. birdieman

birdieman Bit poster

Yes after the update as you recommended, the isight works fine. Thanks.