Can't connect to Internet on windows side using parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by CoachRoz, Dec 27, 2011.

1. CoachRoz

CoachRoz Bit poster

According to my internet provider, my macbook/parallels software is missing a vital adapter drive... Regardless, the mac side connects to the wifi, but not the pc side. Please HELP... Or how do I get a refund on Parallels??

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

please make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Destkop menu "Help"->"Report a Problem", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.

3. CoachRoz

CoachRoz Bit poster

Hi Eric,

I appreciate the response... Where/How do I ensure I'm using "shared networks"??? Control Panel? ...I believe I'll be able to try the run command.

Thanks,
    Roz

4. CoachRoz

CoachRoz Bit poster

You want me to send you a report...

OMG! Using Parallels shouldn't be this challenging... Is there a customer support number to call???

5. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Go to Virtual Machine configuration, then to Hardware → Network 1
    But if you haven't modify it, it is already in shared-networking mode

6. SuzetteO

SuzetteO Bit poster

I have the same problem the mac side is connected but the pc side was not. my report ID # 12052179

7. BrianV

BrianV Bit poster

I just typed the "ipconfig/all" command in the c prompt. I didnt get an error message, what is the next step to fix this internet connection on the pc side?
    Thanks!

8. SuzetteO

SuzetteO Bit poster

I just restart vm then when I open it again its connected to my wifi

9. BrianV

BrianV Bit poster

ok let me give that a shot.
    Thank you!

10. BrianV

BrianV Bit poster

Well that didn't work. Any other ideas?
    Thank you.

11. Preethi MylaV

Preethi MylaV Bit poster

Hi,

I am unable to connect to the internet on Windows side but it works fine on the mac side. I tried all the suggestions in http://kb.parallels.com/en/8978 but the problem still persists. Kindly help as I need this to work to use a software for class.

12. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

please make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Destkop menu "Help"->"Report a Problem", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.

13. DustinP

DustinP Bit poster

Hello,
    Is there a much easier way to fix this issue?I tried all the given solution. Cheers! [​IMG]

14. Brian_Morgan

Brian_Morgan Bit poster

OK... Here is my report ID: 53686039 NOW WHAT???

15. CathalR

CathalR Bit poster

report ID:122086654

16. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, I see that VM is configured to Bridged networking. This mode is not guaranteed to work in arbitrary network environment.
    Try to switch to Shared networking. It should work everywhere.

CathalR likes this.
  17. CathalR

CathalR Bit poster

Hi Elric, thanks for replying.
    I have switched to a shared network now and am getting "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" error from Chrome.... it seems that the VM Is connected to the net but cant use the connection for some reason. I have reinstalled parallels tools also and no change.
    Any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated,
    Cathal

18. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Do the next: while in shared networking
    1) Enable detailed logging (menu Parallels Destkop -> Preferences ->Advanced)
    2) try to open some sites in Chrome
    3) send a problem report and post here its number
    4) also I'd like to see an output of ipconfig /all

19. CathalR

CathalR Bit poster

Thanks Elric.
    Problem Report ID is 123925541, ipconfig i will send in private mail...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  20. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Ok.. waiting for the ipconfig output. I see that Parallels Shared Networking doesn't receive any dns-requests, so the problem appears to be on Windows-side. Likely it is either misconfigured DNS-server, or some antivirus software.