Disk Resize Problem

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by xtimedt69, Apr 10, 2012.

1. xtimedt69

xtimedt69 Bit poster

Hello,

I am running Parallells 7.0 on a MacBook Pro. When our IT person set this up he only allocated 64 gigs for the virtual drive for Windows 7, I now only have 4 gigs left. I need to expand the drive size, but when I try it says that the disk has snapshot, delete the snapshots. But there are no snapshots with this disk and I have never turned that feature on.

I really need to get this drive size increased, can anyone explain how to get this fixed? I have searched and searched and can not find an answer for Parallells 7.

2. Whiplash

Whiplash Bit poster

I've got the same issue and have yet to find a solution.

3. xtimedt69

xtimedt69 Bit poster

That kind of scares me!

4. Production

Production Bit poster

I managed to fix this problem by following the instructions here

Please note on my system in terminal I had to enclose the HDD name in "" eg "Windows Image 2010-01.hdd" it only worked after I tried the quotes. The it merged the orphaned snapshots and I was able to resize the drive.

5. WilliamPaul

WilliamPaul Member

That is really great to hear from you that,you have find out the root cause of the issue by yourself.