Version 3 Trial Keys

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rhind, Jun 7, 2007.

1. rhind

rhind Member

Just downloaded and installed version 3. Have requested a trial key (have 2 licenses for version 2, but wanted to try 3 before upgrading).

Unfortunately, the trial key I've been sent doesn't work. It just keeps saying 'this key can't be used with this version of software'. Sounds like the trial keys are still for version 2.

Has anyone received a valid trial key for version 3?

Doesn't seem like a really good start for the new product.

Cheers

Russell

2. bradrellinger

bradrellinger Bit poster

I have the same problem.

3. dailo

dailo Member

Darn it I already installed it and now I can't access my VM. Busy day today!! BootCamp 1.3 released same day!

4. russv

russv Member

Sadly so do I. I sent an email reply to the key but am not sure if that's even a monitored address. My company has about 20 licenses for 2.x and all should be eligible for the free upgrade but we haven't seen the upgrade email yet (no notice about an upgrade nor have new keys been sent).

5. Qapf

Qapf Bit poster

I am in the same boat, just requested a trial key and the program won't take it.

6. 71Maple

71Maple Junior Member

The activation key cannot be used with the current version of the Parallels Desktop!

I certainly didn't expect this problem. Is there a way to uninstall and go back to build 3038 or whatever it is that last worked?

7. gbertman

gbertman Bit poster

Same problem here

8. scripps

scripps Bit poster

I have the same problem too.

9. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

The keys are not switched yet. Please wait a bit and try request it again. I apologize for inconvinience.

10. jvgfanatic

jvgfanatic Member

Thank you muchly. At least this will give us "maintenance upgrade" customers a chance to try 3.0 without having to wait for that key in our inbox...I have a feeling we are going to be the last customers to receive keys.

11. BlueTrance

BlueTrance Junior Member

Same problem here. And I have received two keys:
    "Parallels Desktop for Mac Trial Activation Key."
    "Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Beta Trial Activation Key."

None of them work. Same "The activation key cannot be used with the current version of the Parallels Desktop!" message.

12. nick083

nick083 Member

Trial keys switched to 3.0

Dear Users,

This problem is fixed now. Please, request your keys again.

Regards,
    Nick

13. mjgrothaus

mjgrothaus Bit poster

I just got the key resent to me and it's still sending out the Beta expired key.

14. brillo23

brillo23 Bit poster

Still not working

The key being sent is still invalid.

Thanks.

15. jvgfanatic

jvgfanatic Member

In addition, the upgrade instructions in the docs say that you must have a permanent activation key if you are upgrading a permanent 2.5 installation. This (if it's true) will prevent us 2.5 users from getting a jump start on 3.0 unless we uninstall 2.5 first.

16. bradrellinger

bradrellinger Bit poster

Still invalid for me too.

1st - PRODUCT: Parallels Desktop for Mac
    2nd - PRODUCT: Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Beta

Neither works.

17. nick083

nick083 Member

Fixed

Fixed finally. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please, request trial key again.

Regards,
    Nick

18. russv

russv Member

Yup, I just tried after the "fix" and get the same error. I am trying an upgraded 2.5 instance but will be astonished if the trial key is somehow denied from working in that scenario - hopefully the docs aren't true.

I also called sales (since my company bought ours from CDW the Digital River line wasn't helping) and they said we should be receiving details about the new keys tomorrow (if this helps anyone else).

Edit: Success - the second fix has done the trick and works on my 2.5 upgrade. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  19. bradrellinger

bradrellinger Bit poster

Success!

Thanks for the quick fix.

20. celebi23

celebi23 Bit poster

Still getting invalid keys :(