Windows XP no VGA Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by Martin Borisov, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Martin Borisov

Martin Borisov Bit poster

Hello i have download Parallels Desktop 4 for Win/Linux but i have a problem with VGA.
    I have using Windows 7 x64 and i using on Parallels - Windows XP, everything is ok i set the video to 256MB but i can't set VGA drivers :( why is that ?

2. GW2

GW2 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. Any time i try to start a game it doesn't work.

3. brewmaster02171990

brewmaster02171990 Junior Member

I have also the same issue every time I start a game. :( [​IMG]

4. avabindi

avabindi Bit poster

MICROSOFT Ultimate 32bit Eng 1pk DSP DVD

Price : $200.00

Get everything Home Premium and Professional offers plus added security features and the flexibility to work in multiple languages Use BitLocker and BitLocker To Go to better protect your valuable files even on removable drives such as USB devices Access corporate resources seamlessly when you're on the Internet, without having to initiate a VPN connection Switch among any of 35 languages as easily as logging off and back on again Back up your files to an external hard drive, secondary hard drive, writable CD or DVD, or to a network location Take advantage of the powerful diagnostics and troubleshooters built into Action Center to resolve many computer problems on your own Watch, pause, and rewind TV or record it to watch whenever and wherever you want (for some Windows Media Center functionality, a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required)

For more information for the similar products please Click Here http://www.penta.com.au/

5. ThomasT

ThomasT Member

Graphics in a VM

Hi!

You can't play games in a plain virtual machine because these VMs only emulate a graphics card and do not offer 3d-acceleration.
    That's also the reason why you can't install your usual graphics driver: There is no graphics card, just an emulation! Basically it's just 2D.

To get true 3D hardware acceleration you would have to buy "Parallels Workstation EXTREME" and NVidia Quaddro graphics cards (FX3800, FX4800 or better). This would allow the VM-software to dedicate one quadro to the VM. The feature that makes it possible is called "SLI-Multi-OS" or just "SLI-MOS".

There is no alternative. No VM can give you native 3D-acceleration and native graphics driver support for the guest if you do not have the required hardware and a VM-solution that is able isolate the graphics card and hand it over to the VM.

So this is not a bug! It's just something that virtual machines can't do.

Oh: Some other manufacturers claim to offer some sort of 3d acceleration... May personal advice: Forget about that. Their "3d acceleration" is hardly good enough for calling it 3d acceleration. It's just a small subset of 3d functions which are ridiculous slow. Most programs that rely on directX or openGL won't work at all.

So if you really have to get full 3D-support in a virtual machine you need:
    - A system that offers the required subset of VM-features (VT-d, VT-d(2), etc)
    - NVidia Quadro graphics that allow SLI-Multi-OS (virtualisation of graphics cards)
    - Parallels Workstation EXTREME