How to disable security about prevention boot loader changer?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RedFoxy Darrest, Jan 10, 2011.

1. RedFoxy Darrest

RedFoxy Darrest Bit poster

Hi!
    I want install Windows 7 HE 64Bit in a bootcamp partition and I want use that installation with my iMac (using bootcamp) and with Parallels, but when I try to format BC's partition, Parallels give me an error:

How can I bypass it?

I can't install windows by superdrive.

Thank's

Attached Files:

2. vasbinde

vasbinde Bit poster

Have you received an answer to this question yet? It is also plaguing me.

3. RedFoxy Darrest

No but I fixed it using my intuition, I have install all by Parallels and I have activate the partition by Mac OS

4. DentonC

DentonC Bit poster

Hi,

Exact same issue except I am trying to copy over a clone of the drive that I made when I wanted to resize my BC partition. OS X won't let Parallels mess with the boot record of the BC partition but in order to load up windows I need to be able to do that. Would you be so kind as to describe how you went about circumventing this security safegaurd? Though you replied that you fixed this, I wasn't exactly clear on what it is you did.

Thanks so much :)
    DC~

5. RedFoxy Darrest

I solved going on ignoring the alerts, after the procedure I close paralles and using fdisk I've activate my windows partition, after that I've Windows 7 64bit installed

6. RaziA

RaziA Bit poster

how do you guys proceed after that error message? I get another window that has either "Retry" or "Stop". clicking retry will keep displaying the same message, and stop will force the VM to close.

I also used 'fdisk' on mac and set my windows partition as active and still the same error window

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  7. NotS

NotS Bit poster

SOLUTION FOUND

First off, neither I or Parallels are not responsible for any data loss that this may give you if it does not work.

Open Terminal

Type sudo -s

Paste the following into terminal and hit enter:
    /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app

Follow the rest of the instructions from other sites that talk about reFIT

8. RaziA

RaziA Bit poster

running Parallels as 'root' still didn't do the job, the error message still appears while trying to install windows

9. Per-AndersE

Per-AndersE Bit poster

Yes, please does anyone have a solution for this? I really want to be able to actually repair one of my drives using parallels, but can't as things stand :(

10. sgtwicki

sgtwicki Bit poster

Me too

I am having a similar issue getting Parallels 8 to work with my functional Boot Camp install. I have no problems booting into Windows 7 using either the Startup Disk preference pane or the option key after restart.
    After the initial setup with Parallels, it says "Upgrading My Boot Camp" for a long time stuck at around 20%, and then Parallels tells me "You need to log in to Windows to complete configuring your virtual machine". However, when I press OK I just get a DOS screen saying "Trying to boot from SATA drive 1..."
    If I configure Parallels to boot from the Windows 7 DVD and attempt a repair via BOOTREC.EXE, I get a Mac OS error "Mac OS X has prevented the guest operating system from changing the boot loader on your physical hard disk."

11. RedFoxy Darrest

I do it!
    Now I can install Windows by paralles for BootCamp, I'm writing a guide to do it, stay tuned on http://www.redfoxy.it