GAME World of tanks 8.0

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by pommis, Sep 25, 2012.

1. newsun

newsun Junior Member

I am also experiencing this problem with Parallels 7 and WoT. Strangely I cannot run with win8 at all with it closing out right at map launch and XP it will run, however it starts acting weird after about 3-5 matches and then sniper mode goes black and often trees become black polygons.

2. NMarkgraf

NMarkgraf Bit poster

I've also got problems with WoT 8.0 and Parallels 7. - Can anyone report that it runs smooth with Parallels 8.0? - That would be a point pro upgrading ;-)

3. pommis

pommis Member

Wot doesnt work whit any parallels.

4. newsun

newsun Junior Member

This is not true, I can run it with XP and Parallels 7 for a few matches, then it starts acting up weirdly and a game exit and restart is required. It's not worth it to play for the evening, but to jump in a do a few games during a break is no problem.

5. wandal

wandal Bit poster

Just the same here. I am stuck.

My System:
    Apple iMac 27" 2,8GHz Intel i7 4Core CPU, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB VRAM.
    Mac OS X 10.6.8 "Snow Leopard".
    Parallels Desktop 7.0.15107 Virtual Machine 3GB RAM, 256MB VRAM, 3D acceleration on.
    Windows 7 updated.
    Firewall on the router eventually everything allowed.
    Firewall on Windows I don't know.

I played successfully World Of Tanks till version 7.5, everything OK and very enjoyable.
    I updated to World Of Tanks 8.0 and no more luck.
    I then deleted everything of 7.5 and reinstall from scratch. No mods, no skins.

WoT launchs OK, I can change modules on every tank and I can chat with my allies. Everything OK.

When I push the "Battle!" button, I see for just 1 second the battle scenery (Himmelsdorf, Mines, ...), then everything disappear. The program is crashed.
    I think my tank appears in the battle, as I have the battle report next time I launch the program.
    Just the same trouble for training battles too.

I tried to put on minimum all the graphic settings of the game, no luck.

I am not able to play anymore.

World Of Tanks support can't help, and suggest to ask Parallels.
    So I am asking to you.

Hope you can!!!

6. Kradllit

Kradllit Bit poster

If i want play in PD8. Where is perfomances better? Windows 7 or Windows 8?
    Please tell optimal setting in VM for Game

P.S. Если я хочу запускать игры через PD8. На какой системе совместить и производительность будет выше, W7 or W8? Подскажите, пожалуйста оптимальные настройки виртуальной машины для игр. Стоит ли отдавать все ядра, а также всю память видеокарты?

7. wandal

wandal Bit poster

As per previous posts, you cannot play World Of Tanks in Parallels.

8. Pavel007

Pavel007 Bit poster

World of tanks 8.0 its possible to play with Parallels

Only one option, how to play WOT 8.0 with Parallels, is Windows XP. Windows Vista (directX 10) or Windows 7 (directX 11) can't - game crash after start battle every time.

But - WOT 8.0 have a problem - Its necessary restart game after a few battles, because sometimes ingame textures change to black rectangles and FPS go down. Dont know, if this problem is on WOT side or on Parallels side. More RAM or VideoRAM dont fix this problem.

Best performace for gameplay? Turn everything off / minimum / low, low resolution, disable Battle recording (sometimes error - will be fixed in WOT 8.1) and turn Draw Distance + Object LOD to medium/high.

PS: sorry for my english.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  9. newsun

newsun Junior Member

This is my exact same experience with Parallels 7 + WinXP + WoT 8.0 I can play artillery just fine however as Top Down view does not get messed up.

10. Lucbur

Lucbur Junior Member

Hi everybody,

Until find this thread, I thought I was the only one to have such bug with crash to desktop on WoT when I want to play. I bought Parallels software 8 on last 19 september to play this game.
    So Hanna,I am quiet happy to know that Parallels consider the problem and work to find a way to solve this.

Hope Parallels can find quickly !!!

Lucbur

11. Kradllit

Kradllit Bit poster

WOT 8.0 in VMware Fusion 5.0.1 work fine. VMware Fusion support only DX9. Please fix.

12. WaldemarD

WaldemarD Bit poster

Have you had a chance to have your programmers look at the problem? It would be great if you gave us a feedback if they started working on it or that you are not planning to do that at all. Even a bad news is better than no news.

Best
    Waldemar

Pozdrawiam Pomorze :)

13. DeanSeattle

DeanSeattle Bit poster

Build 8.0.18305 (10/25/12) fixes this crash

The current update to Parallels 8 - Build 8.0.18305 (Revision 811918; October 25, 2012) appears to fix this crash for me.

World of Tanks is running correctly for me now, with DirectX 10 enabled, and the 'enable vertical sync' checkbox selected. I had a fatal crash of the entire VM with the vertical sync box unchecked - I haven't gone back yet to see if that's repeatable, but it's working correctly with that selected.

Thanks Parallels for the fix!!!

14. Para6Arild

Para6Arild Bit poster

Installed full game client World of Tanks 8. Just purchased Parallels 8 online. World of Tanks is up and running! No problems now.

15. WaldemarD

WaldemarD Bit poster

fixed

I downloaded the parallels update and WOT works !!!

16. MCal27

MCal27 Junior Member

Confirmed.. working fine here. Many thanks for quick response Parallels!!! :)

17. newsun

newsun Junior Member

It's working for me as well, though there are some small glitches at the garage scenes with flickers of images and such. Game seems to play just fine though.

18. Lennox73

Lennox73 Bit poster

Hurrah it works

Hi everybody, I have just upgraded my Parallels 8 to the latest build (18314) and I can confirm that World of Tanks 8.0 and now the latest 8.1 works. One slight problem was that I had to exit coherence to get it work completely but I've only tried it once.

So Tankers see you on the battlefield.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  19. newsun

newsun Junior Member

I have noticed that many of the destructible buildings will sometimes act weird on the screen. Sometimes they get drawn out when driving by them or disappear for a second while rolling up next to one. this can make it difficult to building fight on occasion. It seems to only happen to the stuff that can be destroyed though.

20. eessydoe

eessydoe Bit poster

Anyone else not able to switch between gear in the research screen?