Is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle out of Coherence?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by rauckr, Jan 2, 2013.

1. rauckr

rauckr Member

I am able to find keyboard shortcuts to toggle Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac between operating modes except I cannot find one to toggle out of Coherence. Have I simply missed it? I know I can click the Parallels icon in the menu bar, then choose Exit Coherence but is there a keyboard shortcut?

2. rauckr

rauckr Member

Update on problem

The Parallels View Menu lists Control + Command +C to toggle Coherence mode and it works to toggle into Coherence but does not work to toggle out of Coherence. Is this a bug?

3. rauckr

rauckr Member

Further Update

The keyboard shortcut: Control + Command + C works in both directions as long as Crystal Mode is not turned on. If in Coherence Mode (without Crystal mode), a Windows application must be open and have the Focus for this shortcut to work toggling out of Coherence.

4. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi Rauckr,

I tested it on my Mac and you are right, this key combination doesn't work to get off Coherence with "Crystal" enabled.

To move forward, can I have your problem report ID please? See http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and post it here.

5. AVchemE

AVchemE Member

I submitted a report just now for this same issue.