Free 3.0 upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by tonydenson, Jun 13, 2007.

1. PrinceZordar

PrinceZordar Member

I got mine directly from Parallels on May 29th. My upgrade key showed up in my e-mail this morning.

-Z

2. zieglerc

zieglerc Bit poster

I purchased Parallels 2 from Amazon on June 6 and I've been unable to get Parallels to reply to any of my emails regarding a free upgrade (which I have to believe I'm entitled to). Can I ask what email address you folks are using to contact the company?

3. pap

pap Junior Member

Thanks for the reply PrinceZordar.

I wonder if anyone that has purchased Parallels from a retail or non-Parallels website has received a key for the free upgrade?

Anyone?

Pap

4. Mac Write

Mac Write Member

Got mine this morning, but of course won't be on my Mac Pro until tomorrow or Friday. I am on my MDD DP 1.25GHZ at present.

5. pap

pap Junior Member

where did you originally purchase Parallels from?

Thanx
    Pap

6. lloydi

lloydi Junior Member

I don;t get this - I have a full (not upgrade) version of Windows Home Premium which I'm running under Parallels 2.5. Right now. I'm not imagining things.

Or am I?

7. JDub

JDub Member

Got a copy at Xmas with upgrade protection (2nd one - long story) and was surprised at getting my link and key today in an email - All good. Was expecting some hassle from reading some of these posts. All downloaded and installed correctly - Very pleased.

Also supressing any negative thoughts I was expecting to have. All good work!! :D

Hope for the best - Prepare for the worst. Thanks Parallels.

8. ryanriley

ryanriley Bit poster

No activation key yet either...

I also got my copy from Amazon in May and am frustrated with no response from support... I did get an email reply from Ben (from the blog), who said he'd forward my email to support, but that was Monday and still nothing...

9. Mac Write

Mac Write Member

From Parallels.com on May 26.

10. Milamber_Cubed

Milamber_Cubed Junior Member

My copy of Parallels along with my MacBook Pro was ordered from the UK Apple store by my company for me in mid-May. Needless to say, I was a bit miffed when upgrades for both the MacBook and Parallels came out this month!

This thread has sparked a glimmer of hope that things maybe aren't so bad after all.

Does anyone know if I am eligble for this free upgrade?

11. Matchstick

Matchstick Bit poster

I bought 2 copies from Parallels (via Element5) on 4th of May and I've now received 1 v3 upgrade key but despite chasing support I still haven't received the other...

If support are currently overwhelmed then at least a comment acknowledging that there are delays would be nice.

12. janitor

janitor Junior Member

I know this is a long shot but bought mine from the online store in january am i entitled to a free upgrade, have had the time limited offer emails but nothing else.

13. Frungy

Frungy Junior Member

I bought two upgrades as well via Element5, and the email message with the keys contained two keys but they weren't exactly called out as such. At first glance I thought it was a single (very long) key.

14. martinm

martinm Bit poster

Same issue here. I sent an email to order-support, got the generic response saying my email was received but have not heard anything back. Ticket number: 164371

15. ryanriley

ryanriley Bit poster

Two more days and still no response other than the automated email which is clearly not true when it states "Our support engineer will contact you within 3 business days." I'm re-sending the email to every email address I can find every day.

16. Sculler

Sculler Junior Member

I got my upgrade key yesterday. In my case I bought it at the Apple store in Late May. I installed and registered it about June 1st. (I had to wait for the new Mac to be delivered.) I tried contacting them by e-mail when I didn't get a e-mail with the key.

Earler this week I downloaded an update to 2.5 (3212) and installed it. As soon as this version came up it informed me that I was eligible for the free up grade and wanted to know if I wanted to get it now. I said yes and a form opened up, I filled it out and it started the process. It asked that I print and fax the form along with a copy of the purchase reciept. I did this and got an e-mail the next day telling me that this was now in process.

Their Customer service followed on an earlier e-mail and moved things along for me.

In short I got the free upgrade and now have it running. So far no major problems. I upgraded two copies of Windows XP pro and one Windows server 2003. Everything seems to have gone smoothly. I did have to force an extra retart to get the tools install to complete, but so far nothing bad has happned.

Tomorow I'll set up a couple of linux systems and see how that works.
    Sculler

17. soundevolution

soundevolution Member

I got mine too.

At first I was very frustrated. Parallels referred me to Element5 who referred me to Nova Developments who only deal with customers from US & Canada. Back to parallels.

Eventually it all came through, and now I'm a happy customer again!

18. chrishch

chrishch Bit poster

How much longer are we supposed to wait? Emails to order-support resulted in no human response. I got that "buy me at a 20% discount for a limited time" email quick enough, but when it comes to the key for upgrade protection customers, they are taking their time...

19. ryanriley

ryanriley Bit poster

Just got my key emailed to me this morning. My advice is to just keep sending emails. I was sending one a day...

20. pap

pap Junior Member

Just got mine this morning as well through Parallels email support.

Thanks
    Pap