ML within ML in PD8 on Retina MBP

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by mswest, Jan 17, 2013.

1. mswest

mswest Bit poster

Any tricks to getting this configuration to work? Both host and guest have latest version of mountain lion, and Parallels 8 is up to date as well. Computer is a 15 inch Retina MBP. All settings are default from setting up the VM. Guest OS is very unstable, and will simply hang at random intervals, requiring that the VM be stopped and restarted. No clear pattern as to when or why it hangs, but it rarely lasts longer than 30 minutes of run-time before failure. No stability issues on the host machine. No stability issues when running other guest systems, including Windows 7 and Ubuntu. Any thoughts on how to get this running reliably?

2. gwschreyer

gwschreyer Bit poster

I am running both Lion and ML VMs, both seem to be stable. I really don't know what is causing your problems, but it can work.

3. HalilD

HalilD Bit poster

Very Small Font Sizes

I am also running OSX 10.8.2 on OSX 10.8.2 using Parallels Desktop for Mac Version 8.0.18354 on a 15 Inch MacBook Pro Retina. I also have Parallel Tools installed. Everything looks fine except the operating system text are displayed at much smaller font sizes - am I missing something in the configuration or is this a known problem ? Using Xcode with the displayed text sizes is practically impossible.

4. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

5. ITinfrastructure

ITinfrastructure Bit poster

Since you run Mountain Lions within Mountain Lion, can you please do a quick check on this:

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=272471

Do you only have 4.29 GB of free disk space on shared folders even though the free disk space of shared folders should be more?