Click || To Access Parallels Desktop Settings

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DanV51, Nov 4, 2013.

1. DanV51

DanV51 Bit poster

How do I disable the black popup that pops up every time I start Parallels that says "Click || To Access Parallels Desktop Settings"?

It was fine the first time, but it covers up other things on my desktop and is getting irritating.

Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 11.22.27 AM.jpg

Thanks,

Dan

2. niico100

niico100 Junior Member

Same problem - highly irritating

--
    Agreed - how to disable - I guess Parallels think we're f****** idiots?!

3. Videosmith

Videosmith Bit poster

It is driving me crazy as well. It only stared for me, with the upgrade to 9.

4. RichLes

RichLes Bit poster

One more voice - no answer to this idiotic problem?

5. sgniwder

sgniwder Member

I'll add to this as well. I understand the need for first time users or after the first time of install, but I personally don't think it needs to be there every time.

6. BenWebber

BenWebber Bit poster

+1 for this annoying issue, which occurs in Build 9.0.23140 Rev 935944 under Mavericks, only the *first* time you explicitly invoke Coherence mode after each fresh launch of a Win7 VM. Please, devs, don't make us have to dismiss this alert box every freaking time we start Coherence! At least make it time out after a few seconds!

7. oTab42

oTab42 Bit poster

+1

Once was cool. Every time, with no way to disable it? Very not cool.

8. jmeyer

jmeyer Junior Member

+1 Amen, this is terribly annoying.

9. Videosmith

Videosmith Bit poster

Do the chaps at Parallels monitor these forums, as I was hoping for a comment from them.

10. DarrynF

DarrynF Bit poster

Very annoying indeed, I rely on parallels to be invisible.

Found something on this thread http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?290492-Parallels-9-shows-guest-icon-in-dock-bar

Cramill posted:
    This worked for me, but needs to be redone every time parallels is updated.

11. Videosmith

Videosmith Bit poster

Hi Darryn. I missed the post that you linked to, so thank you. Do I understand correctly, that you left click and right click at the same time to get rid of it until updating?

If so, it doesn't remove it permanently for me. It removes it immediately, just as left clicking on it does, but when I restart Parallels, there the annoying little popup is again!

Am I doing something wrong?

12. DarrynF

DarrynF Bit poster

The exact sequence I did was start my vm, wait for the annoying popup, the left click on the || icon in the menubar, the menu pops up, left click again, the menu goes away, then right click on it, start menu pops up, right click again, start menu goes away. The message then doesn't reappear until I update to a new version of parallels. I don't know if it matters what hardware you're running, but I'm using parallels to boot to a windows 7 x64 Boot Camp partition on a macbook air 2013 13".

13. Videosmith

Videosmith Bit poster

Gotcha thanks very much. Sadly, it doesn't work for me :(