Fix: Patch for Parallel Tools 9.0.23350 to support Linux Kernel 3.12 (Ubuntu 14.04)

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by eugenesan, Nov 29, 2013.

1. nanoANT

nanoANT Member

FYI latest Parallels update brings support for Xorg 1.15, so 14.04 :)

2. Jacco0

Jacco0 Bit poster

I just bought an upgrade to parallels 9 to be able to use this patch but the patch is not working with parallels tools version 9.0.24229.991745.

Where can I download the version of parallels tools that works with this patch?
    Is there a working patch for this version? When will parallels support 3.12 kernel without patching?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  3. nanoANT

nanoANT Member

You have updated Parallels to latest version 9.0.24229 via Menu > Parallels > Check for updates… ? Have you?

Running Ubuntu 14.04 Beta on 3.13 Kernel here.

4. James Rome

James Rome Hunter

How to get a terminal?

I have 9.0.24229. I installed to 14.04 and installed Parallels tools, and turned off and on the 3d acceleration. Yet I see a desktop that cannot be resized, and that just has a Parallels folders icon on it. How do I get a terminal window to apply your patch?

Also, selecting reinstall Parallels Tools does not seem to mount it in /mount/$USER

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  5. nanoANT

nanoANT Member

Honestly I don't understand why you want apply this patch if I it is obsolete. Latest Parallels Tools simply work without any patching. Just make sure you have installed/update it against any kernel update.