Parallels Desktop 9 crashes on Yosemite DP 6

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JulioC, Aug 18, 2014.

1. JankoLauterbach

JankoLauterbach Bit poster

Same here...
    Hope for a temporary solution soon...

maybe a hint, the vpn software Tunnelblick i use says that the digital signature is invalid... maybe thats a hint for someone...

2. UweMoeschel

UweMoeschel Bit poster

-> Unfortunately that wouldn't work for me - prl_disp_service starts somewhat normal after that I get the same error message when starting the Parallel Desktop app

Attached Files:

3. ClintL

ClintL Bit poster

I wonder if DP6 is missing a root certificate authority that is in the Parallel's digital signature chain. Just a thought...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  4. hgerry

hgerry Junior Member

Although I see those messages in the console window I am able to then start Parallels. Surely you guys are trying that???

5. Guru

Guru Bit poster

Yes, but it still does not launch...

6. bizzleguizzle

bizzleguizzle Bit poster

Potential workaround for path is empty error

OK, everyone.
    I had the same problem.
    What I did was run the terminal commands referenced earlier, start the Parallels Desktop.app, then ctrl-c the dispatcher in the terminal and run the same command again really quickly.
    That launched the Parallels VM picker.

It works fine, but I do see this in the terminal:

WARNING: QApplication was not created in the main() thread.
    /Library/LaunchAgents/com.parallels.vm.prl_pcproxy.plist: No such file or directory
    QFileSystemWatcher::addPath: path is empty
    QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports
    /Library/Filesystems/prlufs.fs//Support/prlufs.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not loadable (reason unspecified); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
    the MacFUSE file system is not available (71)
    /Library/Filesystems/prlufs.fs//Support/prlufs.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not loadable (reason unspecified); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
    the MacFUSE file system is not available (71)

My VM (Windows 7) still seems to work fine at this point; I haven't hit any errors in the GUI.

Hope that helps.

-Bruce

7. yroca23

yroca23 Bit poster

This worked for me - had to try it twice or three times to get the timing right. Appreciate it!

8. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi All,
    Parallels Team is aware of this issue and we are working on the fix.
    The solution will be published here once the fix/official workaround is available.
    We recommend not to perform any workarounds offered earlier in this forum thread as it may negatively affect your virtual machine and/or OS.
    Stay tuned for more details.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  9. ClintL

ClintL Bit poster

That worked for me too, but it took me more than 2 or 3 times to get the timing down. The key is to make the time between the ctrl-c and re-executing the command VERY short. When he said "quickly" he meant it.

Thanks Bruce!!

10. JankoLauterbach

JankoLauterbach Bit poster

that worked for me too, just abort the thread with ctrl+c, hit the up-key and return...

11. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi All,

Please generate a report id as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the problem report number here.
    Note: Please generate a Problem Report ID as soon as the issue appears. Please keep the Error message open when submitting the Problem Report.

12. Handycam

Handycam Bit poster

Problem report ID 48820682

I submitted a few earlier on my other MBP before I saw this post.

13. panteradrummer

panteradrummer Bit poster

I'm 99999.99999% sure it's a Gatekeeper signature issue. There's a note about older signatures in the SP 6 Seed Note. I included the message and my logs to the Parallels team along with the Gatekeeper note.

Looks like they just have to re-sign PD9 on a newer OS (which may break compatibility with older versions of Mac OS.)

I'm not posting the note here since I don't want my dev account taken away :).

however the "sudo /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/Parallels\ Service.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_disp_service -e" fix did work for me which makes me think it is most likely the Gatekeeper issue.

14. GarthS

GarthS Junior Member

Problem ID 48822278 for me. I had the "Unable to start Parallels Services" dialog. Running prl_disp_service -e by hand DID appear to fix the problem in my case.

15. teknishn

teknishn Junior Member

Running the script is a no go for me. Strange that it works for some and not others.

16. scrapdog

scrapdog Bit poster

This worked for me. All about timing!

17. teknishn

teknishn Junior Member

I was able to get it going this way as well.... you have to be very fast with this and it works.

18. Master Atrus

Master Atrus Bit poster

Problem ID: 48830910 Please help! I need Parallels for work and wasn't expecting it to break in DP 6. Thanks!

19. gangusCat

gangusCat Bit poster

With all due respect to Parallels, however, they should have known about the problems their lack of foresight was going to cause on us developers that depend on the OS X beta to do our work.
    I, like most of you, cannot wait for a solution from Parallels. So, on that light I decided to run little experiment and installed the VMWare Fusion to get me over the hump.
    Thankfully, it worked without a hitch and I was able to import my parallels VM and I am using it without loosing a bit.
    I like Parallels and have been a user for a long time, so, I hope they will fix this and other problems, otherwise I will be tempted to jump ship as soon as my VMWare trial ends.
    Thank you.

20. RandallS

RandallS Bit poster

Here is my report ID: 48832891