Problem with Parallels Desktop 10 installation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ThierryJ, Aug 22, 2014.

1. ThierryJ

ThierryJ Bit poster

Bonjour,

I used Parallels Desktop since a few years (PD 4).
    I bought yesterday the upgrade to version 10.
    I downloaded it.
    But when I wanted install it, I had the following message :
    "Parallels Desktop cannot be installed o this Mac.
    Parallels desktop can be only installed on Intel-based Macs running the 64-bit kernel. See http://support.appe;com/kb/HT3770 for details."
    But Parallels desktop 9 runs on my macbook (Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 Go Ram, Mac Os Lion 10.7.5, SN W872488CYA2), ; and it's a commercial offer from Parallels who decided me to upgrade when I opened Parallels Desktop 9 !!!
    I restarted my computer on kernel 64 bits with the following message (propose by Apple) in the terminal : sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture x86_64
    In vain.

Can you help me ?
    Thank's a lot,

Thierry from France.

2. rmattern

rmattern Member

Copied from PD 10 User Guide:
    To install and set up Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, you need: • AMaccomputerwith:
    • An Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better.
    • At least 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended to run Windows 7)
    • At least 650 MB of space available on the boot volume (the volume that has Mac OS X) for Parallels Desktop installation
    • Enough free disk space for each virtual machine and its applications (at least 15 GB for each installation of Windows)
    • OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later, OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later, or Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8 or later
    To identify your computer's processor, memory, and Mac OS X version, choose Apple menu > About This Mac.
    • Internet connection required for product activation, select features, and online updates

3. ThierryJ

ThierryJ Bit poster

Pb with installation PD 10

Thanks for your answer.
    I am right with the specifications over it and I precise again that my computer is running well with Parallels Build 9.0.24237
    (Révision 1028877; mercredi 2 juillet 2014).
    I need help to find the problem with installation of PD 10 which just said : "Parallels Desktop cannot be installed o this Mac.
    Parallels desktop can be only installed on Intel-based Macs running the 64-bit kernel. See http://support.appe;com/kb/HT3770 for details."

Thank you

Th.

4. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi ThierryJ,

Please install Parallels Desktop 9 again and generate a Problem Report ID as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the ID.

5. PD_usr

PD_usr Member

PD10 on older Macs with 32bit EFI

Same issue here, no issues with PD9 on the same machine and unfortunately no solution for the PD10 issue ....

6. ThierryJ

ThierryJ Bit poster

Pb with installation PD 10

Thanks for your answer.
    But I try to install PD on another computer of a friend ; this computer is "kernel and extensions 64 bits : "yes"
    I could install PD 10 on this computer.
    The problem is that PD 10 doesn't work with computers with "kernel and extensions 64 bits : "no". And nowhere I could read this limitation about installation of PD 1, otherwise I did not buy this update !

Th. Jourget

7. PD_usr

PD_usr Member

It's now described in the Parallels Desktop 10 System Requirements (64bit Kernel).

Since PD10 is officially available from 26th August on, maybe Parallels can undo your purchase ....

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  8. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Th. Jourget,

Please submit a support ticket at http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/support/ if you require any Technical or Customer service assistance from us.