Windows 7 redraws very slow after 10.0.2 update

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ArlissR, Nov 6, 2014.

1. ArlissR

ArlissR Bit poster

I'm running a Mac Pro (late 2008) and Windows 7 in "office productivity" mode. Window redraws in Coherence mode was no issue prior - but now, it's very, very slow (overlapping white screens that redraw only with a mouseover.) Things work as expected in non-coherence mode. I've tried setting all the optimization settings to default, with no success.

2. ArlissR

ArlissR Bit poster

Sorry, that should read 10.1 update - all was good under 10.0.2

3. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

Do you have 3D acceleration on? If not, turn it on. If yes, please make a problem report.

4. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello ArlissR,
    Please generate a Problem Report ID as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the Problem Report ID number here, so we can check it for you.

5. Pucko_Roman

Pucko_Roman Bit poster

Same problem. Problem Report ID: 53032797.

Thanks, Roman.

6. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

Please take the report at the time when bug is observed, thank you.

7. Pucko_Roman

Pucko_Roman Bit poster

All process from boot to work is very slow. Before update parallels, windows run in 20s. Now in 1-2 minute. I have 3D acceleration on, DirectX 10 with vertical synchronization. Microsoft Office 2013 open in 1 minutes. Moving cursor UP and DOWN in app was very slow. Report ID when open OFFICE 2013. (53102397). When moving mouse in app windows was a bit quicker.

Thanks, Roman

8. Ryan DeCorby

Ryan DeCorby Bit poster

I am having the exact same issue and it affects both my Windows 8.1 Guest OS and Windows 7 Pro Guest OS. This happened after the latest 10.1.1 update. It was so bad I tried to load the older version again, but whatever has happened to the VM's has made them painfully slow to the point of being unuseable. My Guest OS's run on a High Performance SSD and when I moved to this previous to this upgrade, they ran very fast.

I have already tested turning off and back on 3D settings with no change in performance. I will submit a problem report.