Minesweeper graphics messed up on PD10 / Yosemite

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KeithL, Oct 22, 2014.

1. KeithL

KeithL Member

I did a clean install of Yosemite, then a clean install of PD 10. I open a PD 10 VM that was created under Mavericks (whew!) -- and most things appear to be working fine.

However, when I load Microsoft's Minesweeper program, the graphics in the game are all messed up. The "squares" appear as "triangles", making the game unplayable.

Is anyone else having this problem?

led

2. KeithL

KeithL Member

Can someone who has Windows 8.1 try Minesweeper for me and tell me if their graphics are messed up too? Thanks.

3. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi KeithL,
    Could you please try to (re)install Parallels Tools once as suggested at : http://kb.parallels.com/4841 and then check how it works.

4. KeithL

KeithL Member

I removed / reinstalled Parallels Tools, and the graphics in Minesweeper are still messed up. I've attached a screen shot of what I'm seeing.

Attached Files:

5. serv

serv Forum Maven

Keith,
    Minesweeper works fine for me, so the issue must be configuration dependent. With minesweeper on screen, submit a problem report via Parallels Help menu and post report ID here.

6. KeithL

KeithL Member

Well, I don't know what's going on. I broke down today and wiped my old Parallels VM and completely reinstalled Windows 8.1. After that, I loaded Minesweeper and I'm getting the same corrupted graphics that I showed in the screenshot above. Not sure what's going on. This is on a 13" 2013 MacBook Pro Retina. I'm stumped.

7. serv

serv Forum Maven

What OS X version are you running?

8. KeithL

KeithL Member

Yosemite, just released.

9. serv

serv Forum Maven

Yup. 10.9.5 is fine, 10.10 is broken.

10. KeithL

KeithL Member

Thanks! I thought it was just me - thought I was going crazy :)

11. KeithL

KeithL Member

Is there going to be a fix for this soon? Or do I need to step back to Parallels 9?

12. serv

serv Forum Maven

Minesweeper behaves identically in PD9 and in PD10. The problem is in Intel OpenGL driver for OS X 10.10.

13. KeithL

KeithL Member

Ahh. That explains why Fusion has the exact same problem. I wish I'd never upgraded to Yosemite <mumble>

14. KeithL

KeithL Member

I see the latest patches for Yosemite didn't fix the OpenGL driver bugs <mumble>

15. KeithL

KeithL Member

Do you know if Apple is working on fixing this bug? Has Parallels informed them of it, or should I? It's not fixed in the latest beta of 10.10.3.