Error: PCSKBD110 - The system keyboard (type=34668816, subtype=2) is not supported.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jd__11, Aug 13, 2014.

1. jd__11

jd__11 Bit poster

Hi

I have recently install Parellels on my Mac-Mini, i am running Windows 8.1. I am now having issue when trying to run the PC5250 emulator using "IBM iseries Access for Windows" version 5.9. I am getting the following error message when try and open an emulation setting:

PCSKBD110 - The system keyboard (type=34668816, subtype=2) is not supported.

Capture.PNG

Further information on this is that my windows environment was working fine (i.e. i was able to use the PC5250 emulator) until i decided to install the Parallels Tools (to get multiple monitors working) since i have done this i have not been able to use the emulator software - if anyone would be able to help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi jd__11,

Please (re)install Parallels Tools as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/4841
    Make sure that Windows Firewall and Antivirus are disabled while installing Parallels Tools.

3. Eric_Cosner

Eric_Cosner Bit poster

Did you ever find a resolution to this problem? I've got the exact same thing. I'm on Parallels 10 and running Windows 8.1 with IBM iSeries Access for Windows. The error goes away after clicking on it, but I can't type into the emmulator. Thanks.

4. Sheldon_Hall

Sheldon_Hall Bit poster

Same problem here...and Abdul, you all really should test the solutions you suggest before you suggest them; that didn't work! Anyway, I was able to at least getting it typing the second time I tried it but I don't remember what I did. I'll try to reproduce and let you know what I find.

5. mmika

mmika Pro

Hi all.
    I would siggest to remove USB controller from the VM configuration and check emulator again.
    I.e stop (shutdown, not suspend) the VM, go to VM preferences and remove USB controller, then boot the VM.

6. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi All,

Please try the following troubleshooting steps :
    In the Virtual Machine: Start -> Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Keyboard and Languages -> Change Keyboard -> Add -> English (United States) : United States-International -> OK -> Remove the other keyboards/layouts.

If it does not help, please enable hotspots for function keys in PC5250 screen. This makes each Fn key appear as a button you can press instead of the keyboard.

http://search400.techtarget.com/tip/Use-hotspots-to-mouse-enable-PC5250-screens

7. RobertC12

RobertC12 Bit poster

fwiw, I have the same problem, and with the tools installed too. Did anyone figure out a way around it?