Getting Started with Parallels Access

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by Andrew@Parallels, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Setting Up Parallels Access
    There are several ways to set up Parallels Access. Each way gives you the full power of Access - the only real difference is where you do the setup.

To use Parallels Access you need:
    1. The Parallels Access client on your iOS device or your Android device,
    2. The Parallels Access agent on each Mac or PC you want to connect to,
    3. A Parallels account to link the client on your mobile device to the agent on your Mac or PC.
    Depending on what way you prefer the most you may:
    On your iOS device
    1. On your iPad, get the Parallels Access app from the App Store
    2. Once Parallels Access app is installed on your iOS device launch it and follow the on-screen instructions to create a Parallels account.
    3. After your Parallels Account is successfully created continue following the on-screen instruction to download and install the Parallels Access agent on your Mac or PC.

On your Android device
    1. On your Android device, get the Parallels Access app from the Google Play Market
    2. Once Parallels Access app is installed on your Android device launch it and follow the on-screen instructions to create a Parallels account.
    3. After your Parallels Account is successfully created continue following the on-screen instruction to download and install the Parallels Access agent on your Mac or PC.

on a Mac
    Note:
    if you would like to connect to a remote Mac using the Web Console, visit KB122826 for instructions.
    1. Open your browser and go to www.access.parallels.com
      • if you already have Parallels Account, for instance, created for registering Parallels Desktop -> just Sign In to it and go to step 3
      • if you do not have Parallels Account yet -> go to step 2
      • if you forgot your login name or password for Parallels Account go to KB 116181
    2. Click on Register tab, fill in the registration form (Name, Email, Password etc.) and click Register
    3. Login to your account, go to Downloads tab and download version for Mac, follow the instruction to install Parallels Access agent on your Mac.
    4. Once Parallels Access agent is installed on your Mac open the Parallels Access Preferences and login to your account.
    5. On your iOS device (or in iTunes on your Mac or PC), get the Parallels Access app from the App Store. On your Android device get the Parallels Access app from the Google Play Market.
    6. Launch the Parallels Access app on your iOS device or your Android device, and follow the on-screen instructions to log into the account you just created

on a PC
    Note:
    if you would like to connect to a remote PC using the Web Console, visit KB122826 for instructions.
    1. Open your browser and go to www.access.parallels.com
      • if you already have Parallels Account, for instance, created for registering Parallels Desktop -> just Sign In to it and go to step 3
      • if you do not have Parallels Account yet -> go to step 2
      • if you forgot your login name or password for Parallels Account go to KB 116181
    2. Click on Register tab, fill in the registration form (Name, Email, Password etc.) and click Register
    3. Login to your account, go to Downloads tab and download version for PC, follow the instruction to install Parallels Access agent on your PC.
    4. Once Parallels Access agent is installed on your PC open the Parallels Access preferences and sign in to your account.
    5. On your iOS device (or in iTunes on your Mac or PC), get the Parallels Access app from the App Store. On your Android device get the Parallels Access app from the Google Play Market.
    6. Launch the Parallels Access app on your iOS device or your Android device, and follow the on-screen instructions to log into the account you just created.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2020
  2. ArminW

ArminW Bit poster

We have a very poor Internet connection, sometimes not much better than dial-up. Other than setup and registration, do I need an Internet connection to use Access my Mac locally on my LAN with my iPad? I have not been able to find this out in any knowledge-base entry.

3. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Parallels Access is a subscription service so you need a WAN to at least login to the service before you can connect to your computer over the LAN. The WAN is not used after you connect to your computer. You can play full frame-rate video with audio over the LAN.

TyreneJ1 likes this.
  4. RicardoPa

RicardoPa Bit poster

You might want to suggest rebooting the iPad after installing the app - I was unable to log-in to the server and was getting an erroneous message saying that there was something wrong with my iPad's internet connection. Killing the app and restarting did not resolve, but rebooting did.

5. SurajK

SurajK Bit poster

Hi,

You may need to recommend rebooting the ipad in the wake of introducing the application - I was unable to log-into the server and was getting a mistaken message colloquialism that there was something off with my ipad's web association. Executing the application and restarting did not resolve, however rebooting did.

6. edualcarias

edualcarias Bit poster

Does Parallels Access can turn on the computer?? or this just work with start up machines?

7. GrahamS

GrahamS Member

I've been using Parallels for a long time to run Windows XP and Windows 7 on my Mac. Now I want to use Parallels Access to access my Windows environment from an iPad and I can't get started. All my software is up to date (Parallels Desktop 9.0.24172, Mac OSX 10.9.1 Mavericks, iOS 7.0.4, Parallels Access on the iPad etc). My copy of Parallels Desktop is registered and I can log in. Both machines are on the same wifi network. The first problem is that the 'Mobile' option in the Parallels Desktop Preferences just isn't there, and I don't know what to do to make it appear. The second problem is that when I attempt to get help from the Knowledge Base, there is a field which I have to fill in which is highlighted in red with a note saying I have to fill it in. It doesn't matter what I do, the attempt fails and I can't get to the Knowledge Base. The third problem is that telephone access never connects. I am royally stuck. How can I discuss this issue so that I get somewhere?

Another issue that I've just noticed is that the YouTube video describing how to configure Parallels Access (or just 'Parallels') on the iPad is completely out of date. Many of the options mentioned no longer exist in the iOS 7 version of the product. The result is that there is no reliable guidance on this part of the installation process. I will explore the other videos, but I suspect that some may also be out of date.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    TyreneJ1 likes this.
  8. davidBui

davidBui Bit poster

why i can't access on my computer?

9. ZenobiaL

ZenobiaL Bit poster

You have provided sufficient information for getting started with it in Ipad, for mac and for PC any way to use it in android smartphone...

10. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi ZenobiaL,

Please follow the knowledge base article http://kb.parallels.com/116770 it includes steps for Android devices.

11. CARLOS_FIDEL_TIRADO_CHICA

CARLOS_FIDEL_TIRADO_CHICA Bit poster

I forgot my past key. What can i do

12. CARLOS_FIDEL_TIRADO_CHICA

CARLOS_FIDEL_TIRADO_CHICA Bit poster

Puede por favor enviarme informaciĆ³n a mi Email, que hacer si no tengo la llave de activaciĆ³n anterior de mi producto ?.

Gracias.

13. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Carlos,
    Please check your private message.

14. charlesd1

charlesd1 Member

In this technology World, Everything can be done parallel, You can access most of things in you notebook, Ipad and Tablet too...

15. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Thanks for your great feedback!

16. KamelK1

KamelK1 Bit poster

We have a very poor Internet connection, sometimes not much better than dial-up. Other than setup and registration, do I need an Internet connection to use Access my Mac locally on my LAN with my iPad? I have not been able to find this out in any knowledge-base entry.

17. JamesB26

JamesB26 Bit poster

A printer is connected to my mac via USB. When trying to print from a virtual machine Windows, nothing happens. What should I do? Did I make a mistake in the settings? Maybe they are not compatible?

Best regards, James.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2019
  18. Hi James, you can try this KB article and check your settings https://kb.parallels.com/111997
    Or you can also use the Bonjour https://kb.parallels.com/en/117638 and setup your printer.

JamesB26 likes this.
  19. JamesB26

JamesB26 Bit poster

20. Glad to know! Please inform us if you have any additional questions