Parallels 8 / Windows 8 / Office 2013 Coherence Crash

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JeffK75, Feb 7, 2013.

1. JeffK75

JeffK75 Bit poster

As of Monday, I noticed an issue that now occurs when I attempt to run any Microsoft Office 2013 product in Windows 8 Enterprise. When running in Full Screen or Windowed mode, all applications seem to function normally.

However, once I switch to Coherence mode, Parallels 8 crashes almost immediately or close to right when I start up Outlook 2013. I'm able to restart the application and the VM is in the same status right before the crash with all applications open and running. I'll then receive a crash report entry and asking if I would like to submit it and open a ticket with Support.

Before contacting support, I performed the following:

1. Performed an uninstall / reinstall of Parallels 8
    2. Rebuilt Windows 8 Enterprise VM from scratch
    3. Installed Microsoft Office 2013 products and proceeded to setup Exchange Mailbox.

Shortly thereafter, Parallels again crashed with the same error I had been experiencing before.

In contacting Support, we increased the I/O on the VM, bumping up the Memory and Video Memory assigned to the VM. We also ran a reinstall of the Parallels Tools. Neither of which alleviated the issue.

My only guess is an Office Update that was released may be affecting the software now that is running in the VM. I've been using my Windows 8 VM all day today on after realizing the Office 2013 issue, but only if I don't open any Microsoft Office 2013 application. No crashes at all.

In researching the crash report, it looks like the primary error has occurred with other Mac OS related applications. I also saw that the same error occurred a few times, from what I found on the Forums here. However, I don't have a resolution at this time.

I've attached the Console log as the crash occurred (6:20:06 PM) and when I restarted Parallels (6:20:59 PM). I also have the full Crash report saved out if that's needed.

Any assistance on this issue would be appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. serv

serv Forum Maven

JeffK75,

Have you submitted problem report after the crash, and if yes, can you recall the report ID? If not would you mind to crash again, submit the report and post report ID here.

Note that problem report is not the same as support ticket. The former is a collection of VM logs and configuration information, the latter is a reference to support incident.

3. JeffK75

JeffK75 Bit poster

I went with the "crash it again" option. :)

The report ID is: 22132904

The only thing I had running in the VM was Smartcode VNC Manager, which works fine by itself in Coherence Mode and Outlook 2013. I was just in the middle of typing up an E-mail when it crashed again.

Let me know if you need anything else in relation to this. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  4. JeffK75

JeffK75 Bit poster

The issue looks to possibly been a Microsoft issue. I checked today and found 1 update for Microsoft Office 2013. Installed it and rebooted my VM. After doing so, I haven't had a crash. This is running Outlook 2013 and Excel 2013 along with Smartcode VNC Manager. Been running in Coherence since then without any issues.

I'm hoping it's resolved, but I'll post here if it happens again. Thank you!

5. JeffK75

JeffK75 Bit poster

Or not. Woke up this morning and found it had crashed again. Same error as before.

Report ID: 22156888

6. mercy

mercy Parallels Developers

JeffK75,

Does a crash still reproduce on your Mac?
    Please, reproduce a crash then run crashed VM wait till it starts and generate a Problem Report from menu Parallels Desktop > Help > Report a Problem... and answer the new Problem Report ID here

Thank you

7. micmiller

micmiller Bit poster

Outlook 2013 in Windows 8

In order to run Outlook 2013 on Windows 8 smoothly, make sure that below mentioned things are intact.

Running Outlook 2013 in compatibility mode
    Use of Outlook profile created in an older Outlook version
    Severe corruption in Outlook PST file

If it is any problem with these then you are sure to face one problem or another. So, for related problem solution, visit; http://www.outlook-pstrepairtool.com/outlook-2013-wont-open-in-windows-7

8. xpeditor

xpeditor Bit poster

I'm having a similar problem but mine is a bit more specific -- Microsoft project. And the crash kicks it up a notch. My VM crashes and my account on my Mac is either locked or logged off. I'm inclined to say logged off since when I re-enter my password all my programs have to open back up again, which means they all closed during the crash. Very frustrating. I'm using windows 7. I'm running in full screen mode for the time being until I can get this issue fixed.

Report ID: 41460009

9. jeffreyolin

jeffreyolin Bit poster

Want to access Outlook emails, or deleted emails from PST file then get honorable Outlook Pst Recovery software which is really an effective solution to repair and recover inaccessible Outlook PST file data safely and securely. Software scan PST file data and then recover it into different platforms like- PST, EML, MSG and HTML.

Read more- http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/outlook-pst-repair-tool.html