Extra Window Icons showing in the dock

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidC6, Jul 2, 2015.

1. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

I've been testing the various builds of Windows 10 for a while now and each release gets better and better. One thing that hasn't changed is, in all the builds, I get the following icons in my my dock: Windows Shell Host Experience and now Search.

I understand that the Windows builds are beta and bugs are being worked out, but does anyone know if there may be a solution to those issues? I don't even know if it's a Windows issue or something that Parallels will have to address with an update down the road.

Thanks

2. marat_t

marat_t Pro

can you take a screenshot of the Dock and running processes in Windows Task Manager > Details tab? It looks like some hidden processes running in the background create a stub on the Mac side. If you click this icons in the Dock, does it open smth? If you go to VM config > Options > Applications > turn off 'share windows apps with mac' and turn it on back, will it change smth?

3. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

Yes, I'll do that at some point this weekend. Thanks. Gotta say, really impressed that your support staff watches and also responds to customer's issues. Says a lot!

David

4. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

You're welcome, David! Feel free to reach out anytime, we're here tp help you.

5. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

Ok, I took a number of sceenshots and posted below. If I click on the "stray" icons, nothing appears to open, but in the top left of the screen, in the menu bar, it shows the "name" of the app/icon.

Thanks
    David

screenshot34.jpg screenshot33.jpg screenshot32.jpg screenshot31.jpg screenshot30.jpg screenshot29.jpg screenshot28.jpg screenshot27.jpg

Thanks

6. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

screenshot38.jpg

Another showing that I am now in Coherence and the option to Show dock icons is disabled.

7. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Hello David,
    Thanks for additional information. I have reproduced that and forwarded this to Parallels Desktop Development. They are working on the improving compatibility with Windows 10 by the Windows 10 official release.
    Thanks for reporting!

8. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

Great, glad you all were able to reproduce the issue. Thanks!

9. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

Hey guys, applied the update today that you all pushed out. No idea if it was supposed to address the above issue, but it's still happening. Thanks

10. Matthias Schleiermacher

Matthias Schleiermacher Bit poster

Any News on that?

11. Jagstyle

Jagstyle Bit poster

I too find this very frustrating. Any updates on a fix for this? Thanks

12. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

Just a hunch, but I'm betting at this point, it'll be Version 11 that we see the fix. Just my 0.02. But yes it is very frustrating and basically it keeps me from running Win10 in Coherence Mode. I have to run it in Full Screen.

13. Matthias Schleiermacher

Matthias Schleiermacher Bit poster

Icons also shown when in fullscreen

14. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

Yes they do, but it seems to me less annoying in FS, at least for me anyway. In Coherence the screen moves halfway, the start menu will open on a nother screen and come back, etc.

15. GregB3

GregB3 Bit poster

I'm seeing the same behavior. Any feedback on when a fix will be available?