Just updated to Version 10.2.2 (29105) and now my VM won't boot

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Jigs Gaton, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

Hi all I just did the update on my MBA, and I get this:
    View attachment 10042
    So perhaps this is recoverable? If not, I have last week's backup :( Interesting enough, I did the same update on my iMac which runs a copy of this VM, and all that is fine.

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Coocooforcocoapuffs,
    Please try removing Parallels Desktop and re-install again and check how it goes.
    To remove Parallels Desktop, please refer to this article, http://kb.parallels.com/122653
    To download, please use this link, www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd10

Note: Un-installing and re-installing Parallels Desktop will not affect your virtual machines.

3. HumbertoL

HumbertoL Junior Member

this doesn't work! Any other recommendations?

Attached Files:

4. DavidV2

DavidV2 Bit poster

This exact same issue is happening to me. It's very likely something going on with the latest Parallels update. It just so happened I had the previous version - downloaded Win 10, installed it. Ran it, everything worked fine. Got the alert to upgrade parallels. Upgraded, booted Win 10 - got the same error as you. Since the VM was new, I deleted it, thinking the installation was corrupted and a fresh install would fix it. Reinstalled - halfway through the installation process (which only minutes prior before the Parallels upgrade had worked flawlessly) it failed with the exact same error.

5. Guys, could you please generate the problem report and provide me with the report 8-digit ID number, in order to investigate issue further

6. buckZor

buckZor Bit poster