Parallels 10.2.2 and Windows 10 issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by montylee, Jul 31, 2015.

1. montylee

montylee Bit poster

Installed Parallels 10.2.2 then installed Windows 10. It runs fine, but I cannot get access to my shared folders. I even selected SHARE ALL DISKS in the configuration, restarted, and they still don't show up. The Parallels menu bar for Devices>Sharing is blank (nothing when Sharing is highlighted). Configuration for sharing IS correct, but nothing shows up.

Second issue. Since I can't access my shared folder, I tried copying the file to [D] Windows 10 disk I select User>name> and see all the folders. Any file (and I mean any file, even 1K) dragged to any folder results in the message: "The item xxx can't be copied because there isn't enough free space." This is a clean Windows 10 with no other apps. Nothing has been downloaded. I've set up 64gb for the drive (expandable) but no file can be copied. How do I copy to a user folder?

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hello Montylee,
    Please try re-installing Parallels Tools and check how it goes, refer http://kb.parallels.com/4841

And regarding the second issue that you stated should be resolved once re-installation of Parallels Tools is successful.

3. montylee

montylee Bit poster

In Windows 10, select Settings>System>Apps and search for Parallels (or just scroll through the apps). NO Parallel Tools at all. Select Parallels>Actions> and not Install Parallel Tools option at all. Tried Help>Search and no results for Tools. I'm guessing that, according to the HELP topic, you can NOT install Parallels Tools on Windows 10, meaning you loose all the functionality of Parallels and its integration with the Mac.

4. JS_

JS_ Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem. Can't share folders or files, can't drag & drop files from OS X to windows 10 or from windows 10 to OS X. i bought my windows 10... are we to asume that parallels does not support windows 10???

5. DaveR1

DaveR1 Bit poster

I am running Ver 10.2.2 (29105) on my Mac with Windows 8.1 currently installed. I tried to Reserve Windows 10 but the App tells me that my current set up is not suitable with no explanation No further updates available. Mac Desktop OS X Yosemite Ver 10.10.4 3.5 GHz i7 Quad Core Intel Processor 16GB ram

Dave

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi DaveR1,
    Please refer the knowledge base article http://kb.parallels.com/123216 to fix the issue

7. DaveR1

DaveR1 Bit poster

Hi Paul Sorry to take so long to reply but I have been away Grandchildren Sitting this past week. I have followed the instructions and confirmed that I am running the latest version of Parallels and that the Mac has allocated 4GB to required memory and that I am operating in the 64-bit system. I have tried to run the upgrade with just Parallels running no joy so I am now having a go from within Windows 8 on the Parallels platform.

Dave

8. DaveR1

DaveR1 Bit poster

Paul,
    Windows 10 installed with no problem from within Windows 8.1 on the Mac and Updated itself.

Dave

9. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

We are glad that your issue is resolved, Feel free to reach out anytime, we are here to help.

10. HumbertoL

HumbertoL Junior Member