Windows 10 coherence mode results in full white screen

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CraigH1, Aug 3, 2015.

1. CraigH1

CraigH1 Bit poster

Hey all, new user so hopefully just a config issue. Have parallels 10.2.2 installed on a mac pro (OS X 10.10.4) with dual monitors . I have windows 10 installed and when running in standard mode it works fine. Once I enter Coherence mode though, things are going sideways. I have the windows icon on my dock which is supposed to bring up the start menu when it is clicked. Whats happening though is the menu pops up, slides to the left (right off the screen) and then the whole screen turns white. Dock is gone. obviously this is not ideal. Is there a setting somewhere to fix this? Thanks!

2. IanS2

IanS2 Bit poster

Having the exact same issue. Looking for answers.
    Parallels version 10.2.2 build 29105
    OSX 10.10.4

3. IanS2

IanS2 Bit poster

Thanks Maria, but problem persists.
    Just a bit more information on my issue, everything is fine if I launch apps from the "Windows 10 Applications" folder in the dock, but if i launch the start menu, it seems windows 10 search takes over, which results in the white screen. I'm not losing the dock as it seems Craig is, so i can just quit search and everything returns to normal until next time i try the start menu.

See screenshot...

Attached Files:

4. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

100% same problem here

5. Hi all, we've already escalate this case to our Development Team, and we're working on the resolution.
    Once we have any update we will let you know. Unfortunately we do not have ETA for the fix, it has been prioritized appropriately and you can track the changes in the product at http://kb.parallels.com/122720

6. DMiles

DMiles Member

Since this was reported at least 7 months ago (see this thread) and developers have been aware of it for 5 months (according to that same thread) can you elaborate on "prioritized appropriately"? Because 5+ months to fix such a serious issue doesn't seem appropriate at all.

DanielL2 likes this.
  7. DanielL2

DanielL2 Bit poster

Parallels is really taking a really a long time to fix this issue. i did not buy Parallels to run Windows in Full Screen mode (as suggested), for that i could have bought another solution. I did buy it so I could use the extensively promoted Coherence Mode that simply does not work with Windows 10. Either fix, provide a due date or attest the incapacity to solve it thus removing the Coherence from the current propaganda and refund us that bought the solution.

8. Oraculum

Oraculum Bit poster

same problem here

9. Chris Connor

Chris Connor Bit poster

+1 for hurry the BLEEP up :).

10. tdube

tdube Bit poster

+1 on the fix is needed...

THANKS

11. Guys, we understand your concern and do our best to resolve the issue.
    Please be sure, we will inform you once we receive any information from Development.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

12. PeterD3

PeterD3 Bit poster

Yeah, one of the many here with the same issue. Oddly enough it worked fine for about a week, but this problem cropped up a day or two ago.

13. RichH1

RichH1 Bit poster

CraigH1 - I have the same problem, but the Dock isn't really gone - just hidden. Push you mouse off the screen where the Dock should be and it should appear. This is odd because I don't have auto hide turned on on my Mac. How does Windows/Parallels make this happen??

14. MarvinTa

MarvinTa Bit poster

I see Parallels 11 has been released. Windows 10 is prominently mentioned as one of the OS's that's supported. Did anyone try to see if Coherence mode works in PD11??

15. RichH1

RichH1 Bit poster

Yes it does. Win10 works perfectly in P11 coherence mode. Also it feels like Win10 apps launch as fast or faster than native OS X apps! Seems like Parallels could have just advised users that P11 was being released and would resolve all the issues - or even just released it on July 29, along with Win10, instead taking all the negative publicity with P10.

16. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

Reluctantly I've paid to upgrade AGAIN and yes Windows 10 works perfectly in Parallels 11.

17. DMiles

DMiles Member

I don't begrudge paying for major updates, and support for a whole new OS definitely qualifies as a major update. I just wish Parallels were more up front about things like this. They should have said a year ago that Parallels 10 does not and will never officially support Windows 10, and they would have avoided a lot of customer ill-will, imo.

18. MarvinTa

MarvinTa Bit poster

I agree, if you make such a big deal about supporting Windows 10 Tech Preview as they did, you pretty much imply that you will fully support the official release of Windows 10 as well!