Upgraded to Parallels 11 and El Capitan now finder does not show C drive

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MelisaN, Oct 8, 2015.

1. MelisaN

MelisaN Bit poster

In the last few days I upgraded from Parallels 9 to 11 and upgrade Macbook Pro from Mavericks to El Capitan. Now in finder under devices there is no C: volume or windows drive. I do have the applications visible via macintosh hd-Users-my account-applications (parallel). In fact that will show the applications for both windows virtual machines.

I do have the sharing options set in configure to "Access Windows folders in Mac" checked along with both subsequent options. I have also verified that my finder preferences is checked to show hard disks. My Mac HD is visible in finder. I have reinstalled parallel tools a couple of times. Restarted both machines all to no avail. Anyone have any ideas? The VM itself seems to be running fine.

I did talk to support, the technician did the same things I did and then said that it was a Mac/Apple problems that Parallels was working perfectly. I asked for an escalated ticket, with some conveniencing I was told to look for an email with a remote login link once they have investigated the issue. They would not give me a time frame of any kind. I am off today and tomorrow and would like to get this resolved before I fly out for work this week. This is my work computer, if there is no solution any one have a work around besides copying/pasting every need folder from windows to mac separately.

Thanks,
    Ziggy

2. Frederick_Florizoone

Frederick_Florizoone Bit poster

Same problem here (upgrading from Parallels Desktop 10 to 11). I've sent a technical report some weeks ago describing this issue. I have been searching on internet for some sulution, but nothing works so far.

3. vasilyz

vasilyz Parallels Developers

MelisaN, could you please provide us with a problem report ID as described in this KB. Please leave the ID in the thread.
    Frederick_Florizoone, please, leave the report ID here. If you didn't remember it, create a new one. Thank you.

4. MelisaN

MelisaN Bit poster

I had a remote session with a "level 2" tech this evening. She created and emailed two separate reports and copied the ID numbers. She was not able to resolve the issue stating I would need to wait. They would either get back to me with a work around or a fix in an upcoming product update. The problem appears to be in the Parallels Mounter.
    Would it help to recreate another problem report ID and leave it in this thread?

5. vasilyz

MelisaN, ok, I have looked the reports. It looks like an issue with connection to 'localhost'. The support team will contact you.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  6. LarsE1

LarsE1 Bit poster

I have the same problem. Upgrade to Parallel 11, use Yosemite and Window 7.1 Now I can no longer cut and paste between the two OS and I can not print out anything. Is there a bug fix available?
    Repport ID number: 79132708

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  7. vasilyz

LarsE1

Something wrong with your Parallels Tools installation. Please, reinstall Parallels Tools in your VM as described in this KB

8. LarsE1

LarsE1 Bit poster

There are no parallels files in Add/remove programs. I have tried to install Parallels tools again, but still same error message as seen on screen dump

Attached Files:

9. vasilyz

LarsE1, sorry for the inconvenience. Things look bad.
    The helper utility that shows this error message intended to get a tarball image with Parallels Tools inside from your /Applications/Parallels Desktop installation. Then it had to unpack the tarball and perform Parallels Tools installation, but something goes wrong.
    Now I see two options. If you familiar enough with Terminal, you can perform the steps manually, otherwise you will have to contact Parallels Support.
    To do it yourself:
    1) Open a Terminal window and create a temporary folder, then cd to the folder:
    mkdir PTools
    cd PTools
    2) Unpack the Parallels Tools tarball:
    tar xf "/Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Resources/Tools/prl-tools-win.tar.gz"
    3) Share the PTools folder with your Windows guest by using OSX file sharing or by a usb flash drive or by Parallels Shared Folders (if still work) or by another your favourite method.
    4) Open the folder in your Windows guest and double-click Setup.exe. Parallels Tools installation will start.